This was Renae's year for a friend birthday party. She wanted a Luau themed party. A quick trip to the dollar store for some leis and simple decorations and we were all decked out. We played Hawaiian themed pictionary and charades, ran in the sprinklers, and played my kids' favorite party game "The Candy Bar Game." The girls all had a lot of fun.
I added this picture because I thought it was so funny. I came out with my camera to snap a few pictures and the girls all screamed, ran, and hid. Aren't they too young to be camera shy?
Can you spy them?
Opening presents with friends
Renae chose a cookie pizza over cake. That's my girl!
I love how she is crossing her fingers and closing her eyes as she makes her wish.
It must be a BIG wish.
This is the girls playing the Candy Bar Game.
When it is your turn, you have to dress up then try to open a candy bar
with gloves on and using only knives. It is SO hard. But so funny to watch.
Renae finally got her bit of chocolate!
On Renae's real birthday we had a quiet family dinner & ice cream sundaes.
But in our house "family" includes Renae's BFF Mairin. She is part of the family now.
Renae still really loves Pet Shops so she got a bundle of them from family.
But I'm predicting this is the last year she will be "into" them.
She was also super excited about getting some new earrings.
But I think in some ways, this gift was the best (and the picture is pretty cool).
For siblings, my kids usually just re-gift something of theirs that they think their brother or sister would like. Renae had recently lost her Harry Potter wand -- and she is SUPER into Potter-mania right now. So Colby wrapped up his wand and gave it to her.
It was so sweet and thoughtful. And she was really excited about it.
Watch out, I think she is putting a spell on YOU!







1 comment:
Looks like a fun party!! Happy Birthday to Renae!
Post a Comment