Sunday, August 17, 2014

Renae's Birthday

Renae turned 12!!!!
Around these parts that is a big deal.
At church it means that you graduate from the Primary (the Children's Class) to the Young Women's Group.
In honor of this...the other 12 year old girls came over and decorated Renae's room for her while she was out of the house. Eric took her out to Cocoa Bean (a cupcake store) so the girls could have time to work their magic. They did a great job. It wasn't just the streamers and balloons...they left her little notes and messages. It was adorable.



That night Renae had a birthday party with her two BFF's -- Mairin and Megan. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of the girls. But trust me, they had a great time. Pizza on the deck...Harry Potter movie in the basement...and a Cookie Bar for dessert. We made some plain cookie dough and then the girls got to choose whatever mix-ins they wanted for each of their cookies. Super fun!
 The mix-ins...yummy!

At least you get to see the Birthday Girl and her friends' hands...don't those cookies look delicious? It was a fun and easy party...I love big kid parties.

We are so blessed to have Renae in our family. She is growing into an amazing, talented, and fun young woman. She is a sought after babysitter and a really fun sister. Although we still have our moments, I would say that Renae and I get along better now than we did even a year ago. I hope it only gets better.

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Catching up on comments. Renae, you really are a beautiful young lady. Keep working on "keeping your sunny side up". That refers to eggs and attitude! You will face some tough hills this year, but you are brave enough, smart enough, and loving enough to conquer them all! I love you- Grannie