Thursday, October 2, 2008

Strike a pose

As a mother, I am pleased to get a picture like this -- true, Sadie's new white shirt is covered in mud and Colby is making a goofy face, but I'm not complaining -- both kids are smiling and looking at the camera. In the attempt to get this one "good" photo, I got a lot of other pictures as well. Here are two of them that made me laugh.
Colby is trying hard to make the "hang loose" sign -- look at the concentration on his face. And Sadie is attempting to copy Colby, as usual. Monkey see...monkey do.
I'm not sure what is going on here, but I thought it was funny how they are both all squinty-eyed. It just makes me chuckle.

p.s. I didn't pose the kids here on purpose, I found them sitting together like this and ran for my camera. They are getting along really well lately and can often be found sharing a chair or pillow. Who woulda thought?

7 comments:

Wendy said...

It is always so nice when they are getting along. Mine are crying at each other right now....someone took someone else's toy. I better go intervene.

Anonymous said...

Heather, such cute pictures. They really do seem to have a special bond. I realize that when Colby always insists that Sadie get to share his own private "Grannie day"
That would never happen with the older two! Maybe that will always be a good way to keep Colby setting a good example for Sadie since she mimicks and adores him! Could you sometime get a picture of Sadie from the back? Just in case her little curlies go away someday.

Rochelle Brunson said...

They are so cute, they look like little twins! I also think that Colby looks very similar to my little Dexter, that's strange!

Day Family Blog said...

They look a lot alike. I mean Sadie wasn't that much of a toe head when we last saw here, was she? That is pretty amazing that they both were looking and pleasant. I loved your comment about how you have received, or not received any news, so therefore it is "good news". So funny.

Miranda said...

They look so much alike to me! Your kids are so adorable! I can't get over how grown up Mason and Renae are looking- and BEAUTIFUL!

Wendy said...

The recipe is one I really like. John is not a pumpkin fan so I usually make them when we are going to a party or someones house, that way I don't eat the whole pan by myself.

Erin said...

Those are really cute pictures Heather. I am glad you went and grabbed your camera. :)

I can't get over how blonde the kid's hair is. I had forgotten that Eric was a serious toe head at that age too.

I am sooooo excited that we will be able to see you guys in December. Colby was cracking me up last year when we were at Aunt D's house. I have never even seen Sadie yet! How sad is that?