
Okay, how many of your were tricked and thought that the first two pictures were of Colby and Sadie? The first 2 pictures are of Mason & Renae at almost the exact same age as Colby and Sadie are now. They grow and change so fast. Wow, seems like only yesterday.....So the thing that is the "spookiest" or weirdest to me is that both Renae and Sadie were sucking on a toothbrush in these pictures (which is not something they normally do). I remember vividly, giving Renae the toothbrush as a bribe to get her to put her lion costume on and I did the same thing with Sadie, unconsciously. I did have to go a little further and bribe Sadie with candy in order to get the hat on. I told her it was her "candy hat" and that every time she wore it she would get candy. Well, it's the truth isn't it?
In case you are wondering WHY my kids were all dressed up, we had a little Halloween preview party a week or so back when we got out the Costume Box. The kids tried on the Halloween costumes to see who fit what.
Thanks goodness for re-using costumes! I would put Sadie in the lion one except I found this witch one at a yard sale for $2 and it was just too dang cute. I refuse to buy expensive costumes and I don't have the skills or creativity to make costumes, so I am all about the beg, borrow & steal method. Thanks Julie for loaning me a witch costume for Renae (I'll have 2 witches this year!) and I am still hoping for a costume to materialize for Mason.
13 comments:
I really did think that first photo was Colby and Sadie, your kids look so much alike! They are so cute. I love that little witch costume on Sadie, cutest little witch I've ever seen!
it is like you had two kids, and then a 2.0 version.
dang cute.
Sadie and Renae look a lot more alike than Colby and Mason do. Mostly because Colby is still a toe head and Mason's hair was already getting darker. I love that you are so good at getting cheap costumes that are cute. I am lazy and just buy them at Old Navy. Maybe you can start sending your old ones my way (that is if they are yours) :)
I was confused by those first 2 pictures, because of Mason's darker hair. Good thing you explained it. They are so cute, I always do the Halloween costume preview every year, but my kids love putting them on and actually beg to everyday until Halloween.
I did not look carefully at first and thought there was just a costume change....you can tell they are related for sure. Such cuties.
How cute! I can't wait for them to come trick-or-treating at our house :)
P.S. If you don't find something for Mason, this is a great website that has a lot of ideas for costumes that are really easy to put together: http://familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts/season/specialfeature/halloween_ms_costumes/
Love your blog. Your kids are so cute!!! I'm glad your son likes the game as well as mine did!
I actually think of Mason and Renae like that and when I see them and they are bigger I'm always suprised at how fast they have grown up! I remember holding Renae one of my first weeks at church in Tucson and thinking what a cute baby she was!
Wow- the toothbrush thing is freaky! Your kids look too cute! I love the witch costume-I'm all about beg borrow and steal method too!
I recognized Renae immediately. The second one of Mason looks really similar to Devin at that age. I love the pics of Colby Light Year and the darling witch of the Southwest.
I think it is really funny that they were both sucking on toothbrushes! How weird is that!
Very cute blog background and title!
For some reason I knew that the first picture was of Mason and Renae and I was so confused, thinking that maybe I was looking at a REALLY old post or something. That is crazy how similar they all look though. It is so nice being able to reuse costumes.
Post a Comment