Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Set Up

While I loved having our Christmas tree next to our fireplace downstairs, 
there were a few problems with the set-up. 
When our tree was down in the basement last year:
 * we didn't see it every day (at least I didn't)
* no one else ever saw it (friends/neighbors)
* and the ceiling was too low so we couldn't put on a star

So after much debate (and I'll admit I was originally on "Team Downstairs")
we decided to try it upstairs this year.
And I'm woman enough to say, that I was wrong.
And Eric was right.
It is nicer having it upstairs.

Renae hanging up an ornament she made last year.


Colby & Sadie each with a favorite ornament


Mason....annoyed that he has to pose for this stupid picture

Ohhhhh, pretty with the lights off.
Our tree is VERY eclectic. No two ornaments are alike or match in any way.
But I'm okay with that. It has a lot of memories and stories to tell.


We have our Nativity Table next to the tree.
It is covered with all of the precious, breakable Nativities.
Under the table is our Fisher Price Little People Nativity.
(WHICH I LOVE!!!!)


This is a rare sight.
All 4 kids playing together, nicely with one toy.
They love to make up stories and re-enact the Christmas Story
with the Little People Nativity.
The girls are standing on the stairs
and reaching through the banister to be a part of the action.


The joys of Christmas.

8 comments:

Grannie said...

I love it! Perfect place for tree and FP nativity. I hope Rachael will love hers too. Are you bringing it when you stop in Provo? Look at our temp. difference. Looks like we will have perfect weather....unless something surprising happens after the next 7 days!

Rochelle Brunson said...

I want a little people nativity! How cool!

The Lemon Family said...

growing up mom bought us an ornament every year so that when we left home we had decorations to start out with...i LOVED the idea so much that i have done the same with our kids. my tree may not coordinate in colors and such but I LOVE how each ornament has a story behind it(somewhere we visited or something we did the past year)

the little people nativity is a favorite around here also

Day Family Blog said...

Where is the couch now? It looks good upstairs! Our fresh tree is dead after 6 days and all the needles are falling off. I am bummed.

Wendy said...

The tree looks beautiful!!! I love all the nativities. I have one the kids can play with too...have to if there is any chance of keeping their paws of the breakables.

Rachael said...

Tree looks great--and real. Is it? Can't wait to get that L.P. nativity. Have my little round table empty for it.

Beth said...

The tree looks nice there! And I love that Mason doesn't want to pose. Such a boy, he's almost a teenager!

Jessica Reid said...

I like non-matching ornaments as well. They won't be in any Martha Stewart mags but I like 'em better.