Mason turned 12 this year. Yep, that's right TWELVE! I can hardly believe it. That means he is old enough to join the "Young Men's Organization" at church, old enough to be in the full-fledged Boy Scouts, and old enough to make his mom feel old!
Mason is our 3rd parent in the family (which is sometimes good and sometimes not). He is growing up fast and becoming more and more like a teenager every day. He has a part time job now (mowing lawns) and his passion is everything electronic -- computer games, GPS, even Eric's old phones and PDA's entertain him. He also still enjoys Legos -- but instead of just playing with them, he makes animation movies with them.
First a blast from the past:
This is Mason at 3 years old.
Since I didn't have a digital camera before then,
this is the earliest picture I can post without scanning in a print (too much work!)
Mason with his gifts...we are a PC game family (no xboxess wii's or playstations)
so he was SO excited to get his first handheld game controller for the computer.
No more mouse & keyboard combo to control his games.
Mason is a guy after my own heart -- not a cake fan.
So we had grasshopper pie (a mint/oreo pie) for dessert. YUMMY!
This was Mason's year for a friend party.
He invited over 5 guys from school.
They ate pizza, watched 2 movies & played a game.
It was SO easy. I just checked in on them now and then.
I sent the rest of the family away with Eric so I was just getting stuff done upstairs
while they hung out downstairs. It was awesome.
I LIKE this kind of party!!!
Here they are playing the Candy Bar Game (a favorite from my childhood parties) --
you have to dress up in odd clothes (big shirt, boots, gloves, hat)
and then try to open and eat a candybar -- oh, with butter knives in your hands --
NOT EASY.
All the while, the rest of the kids are rolling the dice...if someone gets a double,
your turn is over and they get a chance to try. Frustrating, but fun.
Shooting M&M's at the house with Mason's new wrist sling shot. Boys!!
3 comments:
awww, he is such a great kid! And that's so great that the party was so easy, I'm looking forward to easier parties someday :)
Holy Moly 12!!!It is nice that the parties get easier as they get older. They need less adult entertainment. Looks like he had lots of fun! Happy Birthday Mason!
Sorry to be so slow to catch up on commenting on your blog. Mason looks so grown up. What a great kid. So wonderful that he has nice friends. That will be a big help during teenage-ness!
Post a Comment