Colby had a birthday a few weeks ago. Yep, I'm behind again!
Colby is a great kid. He always makes me smile. He is one of my biggest helpers and he is so full of energy and life. Colby is a social butterfly and seems to have an endless list of buddies that he wants to call or have come over. I wish I had that many friends! We love our Colbers. Hard to believe he is 7...when we moved to Idaho he was only 4! That doesn't seem possible!
I like to do a FLASHBACK picture on their birthday.
Here is Colby at about 10 months. Already a little troublemaker.
Colby wrote me a card telling me what he wanted for his birthday (kind of like a letter to Santa).
I wanted to include it here with original spelling.
WHAT I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY
Cake + Quiet + Coolness
+ Chocolate + Fun
Stay up + Hot Weels
+ Stuf that will
freek out Sadie +
electronics + LEGOS
+ Nerf gun
My favorite line is the "stuff that will freek out Sadie" -- what is that supposed to mean? Crazy brother!!! It still makes me laugh out loud. That is all SO Colby for you. That kid!
On to the pictures:
Colby was not happy about waiting to open his gifts.
He had to wait for the family to gather and then wait for the ancient camera to warm up.
Sorry buddy!
But the wait was worth it. Legos!!!
This year Colby's dad made him a special cake.
A "from scratch cake" (ie: not from a cake mix box!) Wow!
It was covered in ganache too. I think Eric misses his days in the bakery just a little.
Then we stuck a Lego ship that Colby built on top. Voila!
This was not Colby's "friend birthday party year" -- but let me explain.
We only let the kids have a "Friend Birthday Party" every other year (on the even birthdays).
It just saves me hassle and means I do 2 parties a year not 4.
I know the picture below LOOKS like a Friend Party...and it was the day after Colby's birthday,
but it's not what it looks like.
Colby had been asking and asking me for weeks, if he could have some friends over for a water gun fight. I think after we had ONE warm day he had this plan in his mind.
He even wrote a poem about it.
He would ask if he could have the water fight on days when it was 50 degrees outside.
Or 60 degrees and windy. He was devastated when I kept saying no.
They have early out days on Mondays so I just kept watching the weather for a nice Monday.
Wouldn't you know it, the Monday after his bday was forecast to be sunny and almost 80 degrees (unheard of for Rexburg in April).
What else could I do?? So we called up a few of his "best buddies"
-- and half the neighborhood kids
and he had a water fight of epic proportions.
We did water balloons, water guns, and eventually I just squirted them with the hose.
It was so fun.
It was NOT a birthday party -- no invitations, no cake, no presents, no favors, no fuss. Awesome!

3 comments:
Colby, Colby! How I miss that guy! He's looking so tall and grown up. Hope he won't be too grown up to want a Grannie weekend when we finally get to St. George! Love ya Colby!
His birthday list is hilarious- love it!
The water day looks fabulous! I am glad you are enjoying some good weather up your direction. That little picture of Colby on the dishwasher door is darling. What a little smooch face!
Post a Comment