Tuesday, June 25, 2013

What will I do without Reader???

Is anyone else really bummed out and angry that Google Reader is going away? What will I do without it? I guess I'll never check any of your blogs anymore...unless you put me on your automatic email list for whenever you post (although you can only add 10 people -- lame). I just don't get it? What is the thought process behind this. I love Reader because it lets me know who posted new blog posts (and how many) at a glance.

So what do we do now? What fills its place? Any ideas? Seriously, if you have any answers, I'd love to hear them. Unless your answer is stop reading blogs...and then I don't want to hear it. That is my favorite way to keep up with family and friends. Call me old school...but I like it so much better than Facebook...I can't tell you why, but I do.

On another note...I can't believe it has been over a month since I blogged. And it isn't because nothing has happened...it is because SO much has been happening that I haven't had a moment to spare. I finally loaded all the pictures off our 4 cameras (2 cell phone cameras, the nice camera, and the old small one that is good for throwing in a purse or backpack). I got all the pictures organized into folders...but just seeing all those pictures got me too overwhelmed and it was past midnight so I had to call it a night.

So stay tuned for lots of exciting adventures...but without Reader, I don't know how you can!! Boo!hoo!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Is there no place for feedback to Google? I'd like to see them add more available spaces in the auto-send email list. Especially if Reader is going away, though I haven't used it myself.

Day Family Blog said...

I hadn't heard that reader was going away. Why? Good luck with girls camp!!! Miss ya and can't believe the reunion is coming up so soon! Oh and I love that background, may have to copy it myself :)

J Cromar said...

I am so sad too. My brother in law said it was dropped because Google couldn't make money from it, like they need more money. :-) I switched to feedly its not as great but it does have a smart phone app and computer options and it automatically slurps your subscription list from your Google Reader so it's not easy transfer. RIP reader

Wendy said...

bloglovin.com will do the same thing they transferred all my google ones easy peasy and I like the look and format better. Check it out. I moved mine over about a month ago.

Brian and Janette said...

You can also check out "Feedly". It will also import all of your blog info from google. Reader going away was probably the best thing to every happen to sites like "feedly" and bloglovin.com. Haha! Google is also getting rid of iGoogle...much to my dismay. Guess it's time to google a replacemenet for that, too!

Jessica Reid said...

I don't know what reader is but I hope it doesn't affect my blog cchecking. I have all my blogs i read on my dashboard. Would that help.