Monday, September 8, 2014

The Deck...DONE...mostly

The final stages
Here was a picture of the deck just before the 4th of July weekend when we had my sister Rachael's family up to visit. I think we had a couple more sections of rail up, but definitely not all. It was a bit precarious, but we still enjoyed sitting and eating on the deck. Thankfully none of us have small children or it could have been really scary!

And here it is.....Drum Roll Please....
Ta-Da!!!!!!! The finished product. 
Hours and hours (countless hours) of labor. And a few dollars later we have our DECK!!!


 It was immediately put to good use -- as a swim towel dryer 
(this is the REAL reason we built a deck!) Tee!hee!


Eric loves grilling out on the deck and we all enjoy sitting and eating, reading, or just hanging out in the newest "room" in our house. Funny phenomenon...we still forget that the deck exists sometimes. On more than one occasion I have scoured the whole house looking for Eric. Checked the garage, every bathroom. Finally, I will call his phone and he answers...from the deck. The one place I didn't check. Eric and I have put this to good use when we want to hide from the children too. Such fun!


Eric with his new baby...a Komado Grill. This was Eric's present for all his hard work on the deck. He definitely deserved it, but they can be pricey. Luckily he found a SMOKIN' deal on one. (Hee!Hee!) This is a grill and smoker in one. We've had this for about 2 weeks now and Eric has probably grilled/smoked something 3-4 nights a week. I'm liking that!!!!


Just for fun...the before and after shots.

BEFORE
 AFTER
There is still some trim and finishing work to do around the door...that is why it gets the "mostly" done, disclaimer. We also need to get all the demo mess out of the yard. But it is complete and useable and we absolutely love it. Way to go Eric and all his helpers!

5 comments:

Brittani said...

That is awesome! Way to go! Building anything is always an adventure in which there is excitement, frustration, and, if you finish, satisfaction. Looks great!

Grannie said...

Amazing! I saw it in person, but it is still impressive..so big! What a great addition. I wonder if you'll be able to build a snowman on it! Year round fun!

Wendy said...

It is amazing! Way to go Eric!!!

Rochelle Brunson said...

Whoa! Impressive work!

jess said...

that is awesome!! I am super impressed. And now I want to visit even more