After the months of peeling wallpaper...the next step was texturing the walls. I used a spray on texture from a can. I wasn't great at it at first...actually I was terrible. But Eric pitched in and made it look a little better. Luckily once it got painted it looked okay...but the perfectionist in me was freaking out at this stage.
Next came the primer.
Let me tell you...it took more than one coat of primer to cover this Pepto Bismol Pink trim.
I decided to let the kids have a little fun with the painting at this point. It's not everyday that your mom lets you paint your name on a wall or door. But for next time...make sure there aren't any big globs of paint left behind that dry and have to be sanded down...
Even the roof had to get a coat of primer. Many had argued with me that the roof was white...but once I got the white walls done, it was obvious that the roof was most definitely blue. So it needed to be painted as well.
So before the big reveal....we need to see the TRUE BEFORE picture.
STAGE ONE: Complete with flower wallpaper. This just makes me shudder.
Here was STAGE TWO -- No wallpaper. Blue Walls. Still Pink Trim.
And here is STAGE THREE (what it looks like today)
Such a difference! I love it.
Yes, it is all white, but after all the crazy color in there, I am ready for it to be "just white" for awhile.
We'll come in later...maybe this fall or next spring and do something amazing in here.
But for now, it is just fine with me.
Another angle: BEFORE
AFTER
It looks so plain and simple...but MAN that was a lot of work.
Maybe not the hardest project I've ever done (I think painting kitchen cabinets still wins that prize)
but this is the first project I've ever done almost entirely by myself (95% of it).
I'm pretty proud of my accomplishment.
So come be our guest...now you won't be haunted by the pink flowers.
But you better hurry, before the snow comes!!!











1 comment:
wow, that is a big change! I've heard maybe white is coming back in style, so study up on that a bit before you put any colors back in there. :)
Post a Comment