I don't have time to ever get photos on here anymore, but I just wanted to share some Potty Training moments.
Yes, we are potty training Colby -- for those of you who know Colby you are probably muttering things under your breath like "She's crazy" "She must be mad!" or "Good luck with that one." And I AGREE! Believe me, I never intended to potty train this early but what do you do when your 2 year old keeps telling you he has to go pee-pee and asking you to come watch. Then he runs to the bathroom, pulls off his own shorts and diaper or Pull-up and then goes pee-pee in his little toilet. I feel like I have to go along with this against my will. So we are potty training. All seems to be going well -- exceptionally well -- except that I'm no rooky. I've done this 2 times before and I know how deceiving the beginning can be. I know I have a LONG road ahead and a lot of awful days. But for now we are keeping things positive and moving forward.
Some obstacles we've run into: Colby pouring water in his potty when I'm not looking and trying to score some extra candy. Colby taking his diaper off himself (again when I wasn't looking) but this time it had poop in it and then he ran around the house without my knowledge before I discovered the poopy diaper in the hall. Lovely. We got lucky and it didn't get on anything -- that I could find anyway. Colby has learned to scale the cabinets to get up on the counter and he can almost reach the pee-pee candy which is on the top shelf. But on the flip side -- he has way more successes than failures. (Pooping is another story). He has even gone at church twice. All of this is on his own initiative.
I'll keep you all posted -- because I know you are DYING to hear the details :)
Rach & Nellie -- how are your adventures in potty training going?
3 comments:
Wow he really wants to do it himself...LUCKY! Sounds like that is a pretty good foundation. I just emailed you this but I got a book called "Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day: Proven Secrets of the Potty Pro" Ordered it today and we will see how it works. Hey check out Rach's blog. I am trying to get her interested and excited about it so comment on her entry and maybe she will get into it. here is her site. http://irgalvezfamily.blogspot.com
Never mind you already did comment to her. Good job!
hats off to you!! Its all supposed to be about the kid's own desire right? I hope it works out! I, on the other hand, am waiting for next spring to start with Josh.
Post a Comment