Friday, October 12, 2007

Snakes & snails & puppy dog tails

Join me now in a simple coloring session with 2 year old Colby. He likes to draw nice things: lines, deer & rainbows...but it always seems to have a definite boyish spin to it. He is sitting there with a bunch of crayons and coloring (Above is the actual picture) but this is what he was saying as he drew it. All of this was narrated (and drawn) very loud and fast and intense.

"There is a tall, tall line....and then a big, big BALL-CANO (Volcano)

Then there is a deer, a big, big deer and then it has fire in its tummy... and it gets all burned!!!

Then there is a rainbow and here come the sharks! Sharks!

Crash!Crash!"
Boys will be boys I guess...........

5 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

I know we already talked about this, but I just think it is funny how different boys and girls are. If Camille talks while she is drawing it is about the beautiful dress the Cinderella is wearing. I also would check into the burning hole in the deer. Has he ever seen Eric hunt?

Heather C. said...

No he has never seen him hunt. But it wouldn't be too far fetched to imagine him hearing Eric talk about it or watch the hunting channel on TV with Eric. It is something I struggle with. I don't believe in hunting but it is one of those battles I am not able to win. I guess if you think about "olden times" -- seeing animals killed would have been just another day of life on the farm. We are just very sheltered from that in our life. And I am happy to be sheltered from that I might add.

Heather C. said...

Help, the picture is gone? Can you still see it? When I go to edit and preview it is still there but it is not showing up on the actual blog anymore.

jess said...

look at all the blog fodder Colby provides, so awesome!! Have you ever videotaped his narrations?

Kristen said...

Yes, we can see the picture. Too cute. I love his story line describing it.

PS-I'm really missing Tucson. It snowed early Sunday morning and I really didn't want to go to church. It was Lauren's first Primary program, so I did take her and Will by myself (Mike was at the hospital working-surprise!) Carrying a large 1 year old and a nearly 4 year old through the snowy parking lot-not fun! The good news: The program was great and Mike did show up to see Lauren's part: "I am thankful for the prophet!"