Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Halloween Photos


Here are the Cameron kids posing for their Halloween photos. Pictures are always such a rushed thing as the kids are anxious to get out the door and Trick-or-Treat.

We did have a lovely Halloween dinner with Pumpkin Stew (stew baked inside a pumpkin), orange jello with fake spiders in it and hot spiced cider (which no one enjoyed because it was still 90 degrees outside).

Mason was a "karate kid" again this year. He didn't love any of the other costume options I offered so he decided a couple days before to just wear his karate uniform from last summer. EASY, EASY...works for me.

Renae was a "Queen" this year. No specific queen, just a queen. But don't get her confused with a Princess....she was very adament that she was not a princess (which she has already been twice before) but she was a queen. This costume was made from dress-ups and a borrowed head-thing. A few accessories (gloves, jewelry) were the ONLY purchases I made for Halloween costumes this year. Cheap and scrooge-ish as I am about Halloween this was perfect for me.
Colby was "Thomas the Train". We got his costume in a Costume Exchange at church. So it was also free. It was so easy to pull on and off with no fuss. Another plus! He is a big Thomas the Train fan so he was very happy with this costume choice.

Sadie was a "Little Pumpkin" -- as were all my kids on their first Halloween. She wore the same costume all the kids wore as babies and was just as cute as they all were. They just have the perfect round pumpkin faces (in my opinion). Bonus -- it was also free and easy.

Am I a lazy Halloween Mom or what???








4 comments:

Kristen said...

You are by no means a lazy mom-getting 4 kids dressed up for Halloween is no small task. And you are the most festive cook/mom for Halloween I've ever heard of. Nice work!

Wendy said...

Cooking in a pumpkin and making jello with spiders is going way beyond the call of duty if you ask me. That's why I was in heaven when our ward did a trunk or reat and served dinner.
Your kids look so grown up and cute. I don't know if Nellie told you I found your blogs you can get to mine from her page now.

brinkerhofffamilyblogspot

jess said...

oh my word, what cuties! And Queen Renae is beeyooteeful! I'm a halloween scrooge too, so I applaud your thrifty ways.

Day Family Blog said...

I love how it matters to Renae that she is a queen and not a princess. They all look so cute. You need to post some more of Sadie not in a pumpkin, I feel like I don't know what she looks like, does she have hair, teeth...? Maddie won't sleep for longer than an hour. Curse you day light savings!