No!!!!!! I can't have another fearless, crazy, daredevil, monkey-child can I? This is the sight that met my eyes just moments ago (well maybe an hour now) when I entered the kitchen. Before you call CPS let me explain.Sadie has been trying to stand up in her high chair lately so I was diligent this morning and I strapped her in before I put on her tray. I was feeding her breakfast when Colby came into the room with "that look" on his face. I knew we had just had a potty training accident. Knowing that my baby was securely fastened in her high chair I ran into the bathroom to take care of the accident. It proved to be quite minor and was followed by a successful trip to the toilet (in case you care). But we did have to change his pants and underwear. So I was busy with Colby for maybe 5 minutes...but I never gave a second thought to Sadie who I assumed was safe and sound watching cartoons in her high chair.
So you can imagine my surprise: my jaw dropped and my heart stopped when I found her sitting ON TOP of her high chair tray. I don't know what kind of Houdini trick she pulled but it is just amazing (no a miracle) that she was still safe and didn't crawl off the high chair or tip the whole thing over. SCARY!!!!
Some of you may be wondering how or why I took a picture. Well, I immediately rushed over to her, but then I saw the camera sitting just inches from her head on my breakfast bar so I decided that I HAD to document this event for her future knowledge and to share with all of you.
6 comments:
HOLY COW! I hope I never have a climber. I am glad that you got the picture. I am all for risking my children's lives to document the crazy things they do :) No I definitely would have taken a picture too. Was the seat still buckled? I can't believe that it didn't tip over. What a dare devil.
Wow! I CAN'T believe the chair didn't tip over! Scarey! Thanks for sharing. She's so cute!
oh yeah, a sure sign of a good mom is documenting your child's life, so I think it is COMPLETELY reasonable to grab a camera in most situations. I mean, if she did fall, you could get a great action shot. :)
I thought Colby was as daredevilish as it got, maybe not!!
the fun has only just begun, right? Seriously was the seat still buckled.
YES, the seat was still buckled, so it wasn't a faulty buckle -- I guess I didn't have it tight enough. But I remember thinking as I buckled it, "I wonder if this is too tight?" She just wiggled out of it somehow.
It is an older model with only an around the waist seatbelt not a 5 point or even 3 point between the legs buckle. I wonder if you can retro-fit old high chairs with new seatbelts? I bet Eric could rig something up. Not that I plan to leave her in the highchair unattended all the time, but we all know that things happen and you rush out of the room occasionally, right?
HEATHER!!
My goodness...look how big Sadie is!! I can't believe it. I'm so happy to be in touch with you again! P.S. I stalked you through Kristen's blog... You can check out our blog @ the2skinnys.blogspot.com. Good to be in touch with you again. We think of you often!
Jet
Post a Comment