Tuesday, July 22, 2008

45 New Posts!!

Yep, that's right. When I checked my Google Reader today after returning from 10 days on vacation there were 45 new Blog posts to read. Isn't that incredible? I guess it was vacation time for everyone because people who hardly ever blog anything had 2 or 3 posts. I saw lots of fun vacation pictures and some yummy garden pictures. It was great to see what everyone was up to. I probably should have paced myself, but instead I just blew the last few hours catching up. Wendy gets the prize for the most blogs in 10 days -- 8! I can never aspire to that many. One a week is doing good for me.
But seriously, I want to thank you all for sharing your lives with me. It is great to keep up on what you all are doing.

And I promise to share some pictures of my exciting 10 day vacation soon....or pretty soon...before the kids go back to school at least :)

3 comments:

Wendy said...

we are on year round....so we go off track September 1st when everyone else starts up...I think we'll do a vacation somewhere then! Where did you guys go for 10 days??

Kristen said...

I need to check out Google Reader apparently. Does it email you when your friends update their blog? I've just been checking blogs randomly when I'm bored--blogging the old fashioned way!

Heather C. said...

Yes, Google Reader it AWESOME. I couldn't live without it now. It really saves me time -- I don't check blogs unless there is something to see.

Here are some rough instructions: All you do is go to the basic Google website. At the top left you see Mail Calender Documents and so forth (I never even noticed these until they were pointed out to me) Select the word "Other" and a menu will drop down. Click READER. From that page you enter all you blog addresses on the left using "Add Subscriptions" -- this will give you a list of all your blogs you check. You just follow the steps to get to the reader page each day and it will tell you how many new posts/blogs there are and on which sites. It is GREAT!!