Monday, August 18, 2008

Weekend Excursion


On Saturday we took a 'Froding Trip (as Colby calls it) to Chivo Falls, just outside of Tucson on the Eastside of town near Tanque Verde (for those who know Tucson). Eric and the kids take these off-roading trips all the time but seldom (almost never) does Mommy come along. I don't know what possessed me to volunteer to go this time...but I did.
The road was ROUGH...too say the least. The ups and downs over countless hills were not bad, they were picturesque and even fun, but the constant jostling from the boulder-strewn road was enough to give anyone a headache. Luckily the destination was beautiful and everyone had a great time. I'm sure Eric would like me to add here that his vehicle was awesome and performed well and looked good doing it :)
I know my mom is going to freak when she sees the kids up on those heights. All I can say is that Eric was with them so at least they were supervised. My noble pronouncement to "not get your clothes wet" was obviously not heeded. Everyone was wet to some degree, but Sadie took a face-first tumble into the water and had to end up wearing Mason's shirt on the ride home (she was fine -- luckily I was right there to grab her, but it was still scary).

Who knew there were places such as this in Tucson!!

Cameron Kids and friends pose in front of the falls. It was a long ride & a tricky hike but we all made it!


View from behind the falls, looking down on the pool below. Remember the part about "don't get your clothes wet"? Can anyone guess what tonight's FHE lesson was on?? That's right....obedience.

I guess he did TRY to stay dry....for awhile anyway.Sadie all smiles after her "dip" in the water. Luckily it was nice and warm outside so no one was cold.

The kids were in 7th heaven. It's not everyday you get to climb waterfalls -- at least not in Tucson.

7 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

How fun! I can't wait until our kids are a little older and we can do stuff like that. (And when I am not constantly pregnant!)

Kristen said...

Gorgeous. I wish we'd seen a waterfall or water of any kind when we were in Tucson! How fun. I can't believe how big your kids are getting already. Colby is a full on boy! Cute. Enjoy school starting!

Oh and ps-I'm halfway through Breaking Dawn-I'm interested to read your thoughts on Good Reads soon!

Brian and Janette said...

Cute kiddos! What a fun day. You'll have to take us to cool places like that when we move back. Oh, the website that I referenced on my blog is yesformarriage.com. My lawyer brother is working on this committee for the marriage amendment and told me about the website. I'm doing my sisterly duty and passing the info along. :)

Day Family Blog said...

SO I guess we never went there cuz we never did "froding" trips as kids. Sure looks pretty. I'm gonna call you later so we can chat more.

Wendy said...

gorgeous pics!!! Sorry the ride was bumpy, but it look like it was worth it!

Debbie Lawrence said...

It is amazing how I never knew places like that even existed! It looks like you had a lot of fun, even if the kids did get wet. :)

Rachael said...

What a cool place! I guess off- roading can get you to a lot of places we've never been to after years of living in Tucson!