Thursday, August 21, 2008

When can I be a Fireman??

This is the question that I hear from Colby at least once a day...every day. He has become obsessed with everything related to firemen and hopes with ALL his heart to become one....NOW, not tomorrow. Here is how the conversation usually goes...

C: "When can I be a Fireman?"
Me: "When you get bigger."
C: " I AM bigger!"
Me: "When you are taller."
C: "I AM taller!"
Me: "When you are a grown-up."
C: "I AM a grown-up!!!"

And such it goes, day in and day out. How do you argue with the logic of a three year old? Well in an effort to give him something to satisfy his desire, we went to visit a firestation. My friend Naomi's husband is a fireman and he was kind enough to give Colby and Sadie a grand tour. They had sooooooooooo much fun. I think Colby thought he had died and gone to heaven. Thanks Dave!!Of course Sadie didn't want to be left out. She wanted to do EVERYTHING that Colby was doing.

p.s. Look at me! Posting something on my blog the SAME day that it happened. Wow. Maybe I am turning over a new leaf? Nah, just didn't want to clean the house today...and this seemed like more fun. :)

8 comments:

jess said...

so cute, and so great to have an "in" at the firestation!

Anonymous said...

How fun, to have your own private field trip! I'm sure you will be hearing even more "fireman" questions now. Colby probably thinks he is a junior fireman now. Your blog decorations are so cute. It seems like we live far away from each other since school has started. I talk to you almost as little as I do the out-of-towners! Love ya

Day Family Blog said...

That was super nice of Dave. I love that Colby is so excited about working and wants to do it right now. Camille always excepts my excuse that she isn't bigger yet. Sometimes she will ask me when "bigger is", but I just tell her not for a long time and that appeases her, thankfully. Anyway way to blog the same day, it makes it easier cuz you can remember more detail.

Anonymous said...

Very cool blog, Heather. Colby is such a cool kid. The trip to the falls looked cool...great pics! Will the Excursion go up there?Great pics of the trailer and truck ;-)
Eric, you're the bomb! (Ray)

Hey girl, I love all the pictures. I wish I had the time and energy to do it. I really enjoyed reading your stories about your trips.
(Rosa)
Rivas family

Wendy said...

What a fun day! They look like they are having a blast. It's always so nice to have an "inside" connection.

Rochelle Brunson said...

That sounds like so much fun...Colby is probably going to want to be a fireman even more now. Looks like they both had a good day.

jeannie said...

Cute pics!! Hey how is good ol' Tucson?? Found your blog off of Jenny's!! Thanks for that Twilight info checked it out!

Erin said...

I LOVE that picture of Sadie and Colby sitting on the fender (sp) of the fire truck! Cute!