First we had a little pumpkin stew -- or stew in a pumpkin -- even if it wasn't stew weather, some things are tradition!!

On to the main event. The costumes:
Mason: after much discussion, searching, mind changing, and so forth settled on being what we so formally call an "Army Guy". Funny thing is that since it was so warm he almost immediately shed the jacket and and the sweaty hat and trick-or-treated in a camo t-shirt and green pants. After all the hours I spent agonizing over his costume?? Sigh.

Renae: was a cute, "Shabby Witch". It was a great costume, but she also chose not to wear the hat while trick-or-treating so I'm not sure how obvious it was that she was a witch. Oh well. Her main story is that she got lost while trick-or-treating. We were in a large group of kids and somehow she got a head of us and went around a corner without us. There was a period of terror as I went yelling up and down 2 streets searching for her (I went back the way we had come, not knowing she was farther ahead). I even went back to the house and got Eric and we split up combing the neighborhood. Frightening!!! We eventually found her and all was well. But the rest of the night both Renae and I were a bit "spooked" and unsettled.

Colby: was "Buzz Lightyear" and for once and I have the least to say about him! He wore his costume like a champ -- not a complaint or adjustment. And he was a great trick-or-treater!! 
Sadie: was the "Lil' Wicked Witch". But she was NOT happy about it. She put up with the dress (barely) but was not having ANYTHING to do with the hat on Halloween night. We barely managed a picture or two before she started hollering. So I found a way to stick the hat into the stroller so it almost looks like she is wearing it. Tricky, huh.



Sadie: was the "Lil' Wicked Witch". But she was NOT happy about it. She put up with the dress (barely) but was not having ANYTHING to do with the hat on Halloween night. We barely managed a picture or two before she started hollering. So I found a way to stick the hat into the stroller so it almost looks like she is wearing it. Tricky, huh.




5 comments:
Way to go with the costumes. I love the last picture because it is real life. So scary about Renae. So glad it turned out the way it did. It is great that Colby did so well! As always the kids are cute (By the way I would love (and pay for) any of the costumes that are yours and can't be used again) (are there any that fit that description?)
Fun costumes. How scary for you and Renae. I am glad it all ended well. The kids are all cute!
I am glad the night ended well, even though you had some bumps. I think the picture of the four kids together is so adorable. What a priceless moment.
Colby's individual shot says it all...what a smooch face. He's so cute. It is impossible to get a good pic of three kids....I can only imagine with four.
I have noticed with Taylor that he's figured out to sit there and smile and he gets done quicker. How nice will it be when they all get to that point.
Fun costumes Heather, and way to take pictures! I think it is funny that Sadie didn't want anything to do with the hat. I love the picture of the hat in the stroller. That one really made me laugh! :)
Post a Comment