Okay, I had a whole long post written about the drama (for me) of doing Christmas cards. It included such highlights as the frustration of taking the perfect "Christmas card picture" to the agony of deciding who to send cards to. Sidenote: Just to keep the numbers down I opt for basically no local people who see me on a weekly basis and only relatives who know my children by name (which still leaves me with 50+ people -- we both have big extended families). But the initial post came off kind of long and whiney...so here is the only thing I really want to say:
Why is doing computer address labels THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE IN MY LIFE!!!! I've had many academic and scholarly challenges in my life, but this really does trump them all as the most difficult task in the history of the universe. That's all I'm gonna say.
9 comments:
I personally find doing address labels extremely difficult myself! I don't use the program enough...i.e. once a year when making address labels for Christmas. I then have to relearn how to merge my address book and how to correct how the labels fit on the page! I feel your pain Heather. It's one of those "I SHOULD KNOW THIS" moments! :)
well, that picture on the side looks card-worthy. For what it is worth, I always love your cards, because I get one, right?? I live far away, I GET ONE!!! ;)
Cute blog background!
I also hate the whole fiasco involved with sending out Christmas cards...which is usually why we never do it. :) This year is probably going to be an OFF year!
I guess I'll just keep hand addressing mine. I used to be good at that label stuff when I was a secretary, but I haven't done it at home for years and it seems too hard to start it now.
I also struggled with address labels this year, there has got to be an easier way.
I so fill your pain...after my saga last year I just gave up and hand wrote the addresses this year. About 45 :) I'm sending you one, but they are not quite ready yet.....
What is hilarious is that making labels is actually super easy. There is a program that you just type in the style of labels and it does the spacing and crap for you. Call me next year and I (ok lets be honest Brad) can help.
Okay, I'm not stuck on the spacing (at all) I know that you just put in the # on the pack of labels you buy. It is inputting all the info about the people and then getting it to show up (in the right order) on the labels. And for some reason my program shuts down and is non-responsive (only while doing labels) about every 5 minutes. Lovely!!
WHAT?!! Do I get one? Does it count that I only talk to you on a bi-weekly basis and see you 4 times a year? I want the Cam fam up with my Christmas card display!
Post a Comment