Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I usually don't get involved in politics, not that I don't have political opinions, but I just choose to keep them to myself. But I didn't want anybody to miss an opportunity to participate in this important initiative that could get us
FREE and PORN-FREE
broadband internet service. (So I'm posting it on my blog.) Check out the links below and contact the appropriate people!Arizona Family CouncilShaping legislation. Empowering families.FCC to vote on Porn-Free BroadbandThe FCC Chair, Kevin Martin, is urging his committee to accept a plan to provide wireless service across the US that is fee-free and porn-free.The FCC is scheduled to meet and vote on the plan on Dec. 18.Contact FCC commissioners and ask for their support of this plan!Timing is essential. If this plan doesn't get approved on the Dec. 18 meeting, it probably won't in the future. Kevin Martin will only be FCC chair until the end of Pres. Bush's term.Look at this recent article about the internet safety efforts in Australia & the United KingdomAustralia and U.K. Block Offensive Web Sites, but U.S. Refuses to Follow SuitPost these links on your blog and send this e-mail to your friends.Thanks- AZfamilycouncil.org
I copied and pasted this message from a friend's blog but I checked out a few of the sites and it seems legit and I went ahead and emailed my senators/representatives, etc. They make it real easy for you to do. I hope the links work. If you click on the Arizona Family Council link above they have a simple way to email the right people where it says "Contact the FCC by email here."

4 comments:

Wendy said...

What a great idea..I hope they can do it for you in AZ!

Day Family Blog said...

So can you only participate if you are from AZ?

Day Family Blog said...

Technically I am from AZ anyway, right?

Heather C. said...

No, I think it is nationwide. They mentioned senators from Tennessee that they were especially wanting people to target/call (maybe they are heading up the committee?). I'm pretty sure this is national.