My sister-in-law did a "tag" thing about listing 10 things you are thankful for. I love reading other people's "TAGS" but I never do them. I can't explain why, but I just don't like to do them. But I thought that this one was something I should do. I need to pause from my hectic life and think about what I am thankful for. This is in NO particular order.
1. My husband -- He helps make my life easier and happier. Some examples are his willingness to go to work so that we have a roof over our heads and I can be a stay-at-home mom or his cheerfully babysitting the kids so I can go to book club (and my many other church and social events) or his efforts to help keep the house clean. He is also a wonderful dad to his kids.
2. My kids -- I have been so blessed with 4 happy, healthy, energetic, smart, far-from-perfect-but-I-love -em-anyway kids. They make me smile (and pull my hair out) but I wouldn't trade them for the world. I love being a mom.
3. My family -- parents, siblings, in-laws, aunts, uncles, grandparents....I have been given an amazing family. I have truly been blessed in this respect. I LOVE spending time with family and look forward to seeing so many of them over the next month.
4. My friends -- I have amazing friends. I have many "new friends" -- meaning I've met them in the past 10 years -- and I value the fun we have and the support they are in my life. I also have 3 life long "bosom friends" that have been with me for 22years of my life. Through thick and thin, they are there for me -- to lend a hand or lend an ear. I am extremely blessed to have such selfless, phenomenal friends.
5. The gospel -- I love the message of the gospel. The hope and happiness it brings to my life and the life of my family. I enjoy the organization and the activities of church, I am a social butterfly and they fulfill my needs, but the greatest blessing is the Savior Jesus Christ and his life and atonement for me.
6. My so-called "rut" -- by this I mean my life here in Tucson, in Continental Ranch, in SilverMoon neighborhood in the Picture Rocks Ward (church) and at Rattlesnake Ridge (school.) I know that time may change things but I really love the snapshot of my life right now. I am extremely happy with where I live, play, worship, shop, etc. And at this time of year, I LOVE the weather. My kids are playing outside all day in t-shirts & flip-flops, sweet!
7. Prosperity -- times are tough, no doubt about it. But I still have a roof over my head, a bed to lay in and food on the table. That to me is prosperity.
8. Nap time -- this is one of my most treasured times of the day. It gives me my "me time" -- even if it is spent cleaning half the time. It gives me a chance to do things I need or want to do (computer, phone calls, etc). Colby better nap until he is ready for Kindergarten -- that's all I'm saying :)
9. Technology -- I am not a "techie" by ANY means. I don't have DVR/Tivo, I don't have an IPod, and my cell phone plan is only 60 min. a month -- but I couldn't (or wouldn't want to) live without my computer. I love emailing, blogging, surfing the net. It is my link to the outside world and helps me in so many ways (maps, definitions of words, random historical facts).
10. Thanksgiving -- I love Thanksgiving. It is a great time to pause and remember everything we are thankful for. And if you know me well (which, if you are reading this, I hope you do!) you know that I love to eat. And I love EVERYTHING about the Thanksgiving dinner (minus the sweet potatoes, ew). And I just love how Thanksgiving is about famliy and country and eating and not about presents and commercialism. Don't get me started on that.
Well thank you for being a part of my thanksgiving "TAG" -- if any of you want to make a list of your blessings, then consider yourself TAGGED. I'd love to read them :)
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing...these are good things to remember and ponder. It is a wonderful time of year!
Yeah for making the list Heather! I too love reading them more than writing them, but this was a good one to do in my opinion as well! ;)
I can not get past the playing in T-shirts and flip flops...sounds dreamy right about now...
That is a fun list. We truly are blessed.
Miss you Heather- you are a great friend to me- Thank you
Post a Comment