Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hello? Are you there?

Back story: Sadie asks to "go potty" all the time lately. Nothing ever happens, but she likes to sit there. The other night she was in there "pretending to go potty" while I waited in her bedroom (it can be a long process..."Are you done yet?" "Not yet!" this can go on for awhile.) She is interested in the potty so I am encouraging it, isn't that what we are supposed to do? But I guess there are limits to this potty playtime.
From the other room, I hear her saying "Hello? Are you there? Hi Gannie." I'm wondering what in the world is she doing, so I go to check it out and this is what I see. Take a good look.....Can you tell what that "telephone" is????
Yep, you guessed it. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I tried to show her what it is REALLY used for, but she didn't like that nearly as well.
I have since encouraged her to talk on a REAL play phone, but I'm not convinced that she won't go for the little green one again. It is so much smaller and softer and doesn't have an annoyingly short cord and can be carried around the house, just like mommy's cell phone. Ewwwwww.





10 comments:

Wendy said...

Time to hit the dollar store for a princess cell phone I think ;0)

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! It looks like it fits her cheek perfectly! Hope you sterilized it after Colby! She was so cute with Pops last night. I think they're getting quite attached to each other. Have a great day.
MOM

jenichild said...

How funny! And gross. Oh I'm scared to go full throttle with this potty training thing. I just need to bite the bullet. It's great that she's so interested in the potty.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. We have one of those seats that go on the toilet and Ethan likes to wear it like a necklace.

Day Family Blog said...

Too funny and gross, and glad it is your kid and not mine. We just threw that part away cuz we didn't know what it was for (not really) I am assuming that it hasn't been used in a while. So even if you never disinfected it I think that time has a way of killing the really bad stuff :)

Nomi said...

Gotta give her some credit for creativity! You got some cute shots! Show those to her when she's on the real phone all the time in about 10years (or will she be texting or something else instead?).

Erin said...

That is so funny. I sure love your kids, and the crazy things they sometimes do! ;) It could have been worse. She could have been using it as a cup to drink out of the toilet or something.

Stephanie said...

Cute pictures! You asked why you were seeing last weeks ads. I had to post the ads a day early. If you go back today, it will show this weeks ads.

Linda Cameron said...

I know you already told me what Sadie did, but the pictures tell the real story. Let's hope that this is worst "Ugh" thing that she will do.

Andrea said...

Ohhhh - LAUGH OUT LOUD. (if it gets me laughing out loud - it's truly funny!) Kids are the best!