Eric just found out that he is going to be laid off at work. His last day will be next Friday (3/27). This isn't a total shock...things have been going steadily downhill for a long time, but still...you are never really prepared for it. He has been commuting to Mesa for 3 months, so he is relieved to not have to do that anymore, but at least it was a good job.
Well I'm not really writing this to make you all feel sorry for me, I am writing this in hopes of "networking." If any of you hear of any job leads (especially in Tucson or Utah -- those are our top choices -- but I'm not ruling out places out west like Colorado, Idaho or Texas) please let us know. Sometimes it is "ALL IN WHO YOU KNOW." I think I am going to be his "job search secretary" so I can email copies of his resume to anyone who has a promising lead. Times are tough and the market is horrid, but we are trying to keep our spirits up.
10 comments:
I'm so sorry! Hopefully something bigger and better will come along. I will keep a good eye out for a job up here (although I know this isn't your favorite choice). Could you email me a resume? that way I know what to tell people if they ask what his specialties are.
The job market is pretty horrible up here too though. But I will certainly keep looking. The biggest job market here is in the housing industry, so you never know.
Good luck! We will keep praying for you!
So sorry! That is never an easy proposition. We'll keep you in our prayers. What is he looking for? What line of work and experience etc.
John has a lot of contacts up here, send us his resume and we'll see if we can try and find something.
Hey Heather -
Has he ever done sales before? We are trying to hire as many phone sales people as possible right now.
It's 100% commission - but most guys are doing at least $50k a year. We had 4 guys do over $100k last year. He could fly out for a week or 2 and try it out and see if it's a fit if you'd like. Let me know.
Russell
208-761-1065
Wow, I wish I had contacts for Eric. Good luck and if you end up in Colorado, you'll have to let me know if I can do anything.
So sorry! I don't have any contacts, but I'll keep my ears open and you'll certainly be in our prayers. Best of luck!
I guess we'll have to put Disneyland on hold :). I'm so sorry Heather, but hopefully you find something even better. But just so you know, I'm not sending you ANY leads that are outside of Tucson. I'd be so sad if you guys left!!! Email me a resume and I'll send it through my Thunderbird and LDS network. Good luck with the hunt (that sounds really intense because I just finished reading Twilight!). See you in a few days . . .
Heather, I should just call you, but Jeri Larimore said to be sure and look at rayjobs.com because Ratheon is hiring several positions that are not engineers. They just had a job fair, but it wouldn't hurt to look at what's available.
Also, Kenny said to have Eric email Brittani's dad now that he is really available. He is in an influential position and might know of something. Maybe Eric needs to go up to Utah/Logan for a week and just look in person??
Well, did you read Kenny's suspicious email last night?
i'm sorry, heather. i know that matt is keeping his eyes & ears open for eric. he doesn't want to lose his buddy! :) we hope eric finds something soon!!
Hey Heather & Eric. You mentioned Idaho as a possibility. Well here's a website that lists all of Idaho's largest employers. It even links you to their 'jobs available' or application pages. So you can take a look and see if anything fits. Hope it helps. Idaho's Largest Employers
Hey Heather, thanks for the info about the email list, I will put you on it when I get to that point. I'm not switching over for about two weeks, so look out for it soon.
Post a Comment