Saturday, May 16, 2009

Colby's Bday Party

Colby turned 4 last month and he had his first real Birthday Party with friends. It was a very laid back party. I sent out email invites, came up with the "theme" idea the day before, and used leftover party ware/favors from past parties. It was a birthday on a budget but no one seemed to notice. They had a blast jumping on the trampoline. I love Colby's hair here. Can you say STATIC??
Here is the cake that I made for Colby. Thanks Malia for the great idea and for talking me through it. And thanks to all your tips, it was actually one of the easier cakes I've ever made.
Here is the cake after Sadie stuck her finger in the frosting. This was in the morning BEFORE the party, but luckily I had taken pictures first!! We just joked that the dinosaur had gotten in a fight with the T-Rex.
My big 4 year old!! Thanks for livening up all our lives!!









9 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Four already? That's just crazy! He was still a bun in the oven when we moved here...hard to believe. He's a cutie!

Debbie Lawrence said...

I am amazed by that cake...how the heck did you do that? Is it just one cake? I really hope things work out for you guys to come live up here. :)

Wendy said...

What a super cool cake....I am not that creative! Good luck with making the decision to to move or not. Either way an adventure is always fun once you just jump off...it's getting the nerve up to do it that's always the most hard I think.

heidiearl said...

Heather, I just wanted to thank you for the zoo coupons, I really appreciate it. I can't believe you might be headed for Idaho. What an exciting adventure. I know you'll do great.
Thanks again. Love, Heidi

Arianne said...

Your birthday cake turned out SO cute! Looks like he had a fun time! Good luck with the big decision, it's always so hard to know what to do when it comes to the big stuff like that, but you guys will do great wherever you end up!

jenny said...

love the cake. i'll have to try that next year when my dinosaur fan asks for his 4th consecutive dinosaur cake! :)

Day Family Blog said...

I don't know why we even stress about what 4 year olds will think about parties. They like anything that involves playing together.

Mark Jill Derek Madilyn Cameron said...

Its crazy they are all growing up to fast. the cake is amazing you will have to tellme how you did it.(jill)

jenichild said...

Oh! You made the cake. It looks great. Hope you guys are having a fun trip- we miss you :)!