Monday, June 8, 2009

IDAHO

Long story short? Or short story long? Which do you prefer?? I usually like to embellish and tell a nice juicy story complete with wild arm gestures and over exaggerated details. But not this time. I've been dreading writing this blog. How do you say it, where do you start? Most of you already know (by word of mouth or facebook) but I just wanted to "document" it here on my blog (for posterity's sake?)

We are moving to Idaho. There I said it.

Eric is going to go back to school and finish his bachelor's degree. We are moving to Rexburg -- home of BYU-Idaho. We plan to be there for 2 years. We are selling our home in Tucson and have found a home to rent just a couple blocks from campus. We both feel that this is the right decision for our family. But that doesn't make it easy.

On many levels I am excited and looking forward to the new adventure. But last night I laid in bed, looking at my room and thinking about how this was my HOME and had been my home for the past 10 years and how this was the only HOME my children had ever known. All 4 of my kids were born here. How could I leave it and live anywhere else? How do people just pick up and move??? This seems so impossible...but I know it is done every day. We can do it. Right?

We leave in about 4 weeks. That sounds impossible, huh? Especially if you know me and have seen my house ;) But somehow we will do it. Eric starts school July 27th...we can move into our rental home July 17th. Wow. That will be here before we know it.

Are we crazy??? Sometimes I wonder......

11 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Heather,

This is Suzanne Flake. That is exciting moving news! I don't particularly like moving either. It was hard for me to leave Tucson and that was 2 moves ago now. We have been living in Dallas area for about 2 years and we really like it here. I hope everything goes well with your move.
We miss you guys!

Day Family Blog said...

I am going to try and call you today, that is if sleep doesn't overcome me during the napping hours. I didn't know you had decided to sell your house. Good luck picking out the paint color for your room :) Talk to you soon.

Rochelle Brunson said...

I don't think you pass by Boise to get to Rexburg, but if you do, you are welcome to come by!

It's tough to move and leave everything and everyone you know, but if its the right thing to do, I'm sure it will work out for the best. Good luck!

Vanessa said...

Heather! I'm so sad we barely missed you at Grandma's house. We'll have to get together sometime when you're a few hours closer. :) I wish I could help you move, I know how obnoxious it it! Good luck with all of that!

Andrea said...

It will be here before you know it. We pack our truck in exactly two weeks for our move to Utah. I'm soooo going to miss Tucson also, and I've only been here 3 years!

Rachael said...

Of course I already knew this news, but hearing you lament about leaving your home really made me think. . . This sounds so much like when we moved up to Utah so Dad could finish school. I bet Mom can remember what it was like and really empathize with your situation. Plus since we survived it as kids (and even had a good experience) you can assure your kids that it will be okay for them too. You'll be in our prayers!

. said...

I feel for you not finding it easy to leave BUT I'm sure excited to see you guys move closer to me! How selfish! ;)

Cheryl said...

Wow... I can't believe you guys are moving so soon! We will be excited at the possibility of seeing you more frequently!!

Miranda said...

What is Eric going to get his degree in?

John and Cherece said...

Sorry to hear you are leaving Tucson, but it sounds like this will be for the best. The house looks beautiful. You are right, it is close to the church. We hear you about driving far to church, ours is 25 minutes. Two years will go quick. Enjoy the weather and the outdoors! - j & c

The Kinney Clan said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe your moving to Idaho! We can't call you our Tucson friends anymore! Good luck with your move and selling the house and everything! Having moved 4 kids across the country 3 years ago, I can tell you it will be a great adventure! You will meet wonderful new people!