Friday, September 11, 2009

Prayers

As I was unpacking the last box of junk in our office (at least the last box I plan to unpack -- some boxes of junk got labeled, shoved in the closet, and will sit there for 2 years. I know, I know...I should just throw them away. But that is not what this is about!)

In that box I found an envelope on the back of which I had written down some prayers that Colby had said. These are from about 6 months ago (around when he turned 4).

" Thank you for all the things I've prayed about in my other prayers." (Makes sense, why repeat yourself!)

" Bless Jesus won't ever die again."

" Bless the apples...even though they are hard...we still eat them."

" Thank you for all the blessing that Jesus heard...and all the blessings he didn't hear because I said them in my mind."

There, now I have it recorded for posterity and I can throw away that envelope :)

7 comments:

Grannie said...

Precious. I'm sure I will share those with special people. What a cutie. I miss him terribly.

Brian and Janette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian and Janette said...

Oh great! Now I have an extra piece of paper laying around the house...I was taking notes! Some great ideas in there. Ha ha. What a character!

Linda Cameron said...

Those were such sweet prayers. He is a deep thinker.

Day Family Blog said...

I love kid prayers. Camille is still really confused about prayers said in your head and how HF can hear those ones. Can't wait to try out the web cams together, I bet the kids will like talking to each other a lot.

Arianne said...

That is so funny! He'll love reading those someday!

Lowell said...

My heart just turned to goo.