Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm a NERD

Nerd
Geek
"SCHOOL GIRL"
Book Worm
Whatever you want to call it...that's me.
All I know is that Eric is slaving away on homework for hours on end...
And going to class until 10:00 at night
And I am JEALOUS.
I watch him memorizing all the countries of Africa, and I think
HOW FUN!!!
I wish it was me.
He's taking online quizzes,
watching videos and feverishly taking notes
and I just want to join him.
Am I sick? Do I need help?

11 comments:

Grannie said...

Heather, you are hilarious! It really sounds like a poem too. I can feel that that is really you, wanting to come out!!!I guess this time around you'll just have to be the study buddy and cheer leader for Eric since you can't go take his tests for him! Love ya,

Day Family Blog said...

That is too funny. I think that I would feel that way about a lot of stuff, but not the exams. Sorry if I was distracted while we talked. Maybe you didn't notice, but I know that I made my jam wrong. The batch I made while I was talking with you made 5 pints and it only made 4 pints when I wasn't talking. So it was a magical multiply conversation.

Heather C. said...

I know I'm a freak. But for me an exam is like a race: the culmination to all your hard work, sacrifice, conditioning & training. Then at the race you get to "prove yourself" -- to yourself and others. That is what learning, studying & testing is like for me. Does that make any sense?

Debbie Lawrence said...

I guess I am a nerd too then. I helped Brad's sister study for a test a while back and I was so jealous that I didn't get to go take the test too. :) I used to do those speed times table tests for fun!

Heather, we just need to sign up for a non-credit class together so we can at least feel like we are learning something!

Wendy said...

I think it sounds like fun too...but I just want to be there to learn, not to be tested....

Brian and Janette said...

I can relate to your race analogy. I can't say I feel the same way about testing, though. However, I do love learning and I REALLY admire your unending quest for knowledge. Hey, it was good to see your mom this past Sunday at ward conference. I didn't realize how much you two look alike! Made me miss you all the more!

Trisha said...

When Paul was in school, I was jealous too. I had quit after I got my AA to start our family. I would have loved to be in school, and he would have given anything to be out of school. Funny how that works!

Rachael said...

I don't think you are crazy, being a student is lots of fun, especially for nerds like us. Maybe you're also jealous that he can have all that time to himself to read, etc. I would be. Hopefully you can learn some things along with him and that will be fun. I remember having some great discussions with Ismael about what he was learning in school sometimes.

Vanessa said...

I feel exactly the same way. I'm so jealous of any college students right now.

Cheryl said...

I guess I must not have inherited that gene, I am always grateful that it's Kevin that loves school, since he's the one going, I love to learn, but hate structured learning! I am glad there are those who do love structured learning... so power to you!

Linda Cameron said...

Wow, if I were you, Heather, I'd be learning those African nations, too. I also need to catch up with Europe. I took notes on my tour of Vancouver and came home and started looking up all kinds of facts. I'm working on glaciers, too. I guess we're all just part of a female, geek squad.