Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Different Halloween

This Halloween was different from all others
that the Cameron kids have experienced.
Here are a few reasons why:
1. It was cold. Not freezing, but cold (about 45 degrees).
The kids are wearing long pants and long sleeves under their
costumes, even Sadie had to wear pants under her dress.
Last Halloween, in Tucson, it was about 90 degrees.
2. We have never trick-or-treated in a neighborhood with hills.
Everyone had 5-10 steps leading up to their door.
It was quite the work out.
3. We missed not going to our Tucson neighborhood's
Community Halloween Party.
4. We did almost all our trick-or-treating before it got dark.
We've always headed out at dusk before.
5. The first time Grannie (my mom) hasn't seen the kids
in their costumes and been a part of Halloween night.
But Grandma did, she was up visiting from Tucson.
Here are the Cameron kids ready to go Trick-or-Treating.
Colby: Red Power Ranger
Sadie: Princess Cinderella
Mason: Motocross Racer
Renae: Jaguar

Decorating sugar cookies at Aunt Debbie's house with
cousins Abby, Kendal & Kaiden.


A group shot before we head out to trick-or-treat.


Getting ready to eat Pumpkin Stew (cooked in a pumpkin)
and "Mummies" (hotdogs wrapped in crescent rolls).
Yummy!




11 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

They all look so cute and it is kind of nice to go out in cooler weather. I was just glad it wasn't super cold. How fun to have Debbie and Linda around. To answer your girls night out question it was just a group that a friend and I got together, but we were all from our ward.

Cheryl said...

Looks like it was fun! I love Halloween in the fall!

Beth said...

How fun that so many cousins could be together! You've got to love that part of living in Rexburg. :) So cute and fun! I need to try that pumpkin stew next year...

Trisha said...

We all missed the Cameron Family at the ward trunk or treat! Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween, love all of the costumes!

jenny said...

good times! it wasn't 90 this year but it was nice & sunny. love the costumes. :)

Sarah said...

Love your family picture at the top!! Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all. Wish I could be there too!

Jessica Reid said...

Care to shre the recipe for pumpkin stew? I love soups and pumpkin sound good!

Linda Cameron said...

I sure had a good time with all of you. The stew was delicious, the sugar cookies were yummy, and thanks to Mason I enjoyed a Reese's peanut butter cup! Fun times. I love all my grandchildren!!!!!!

Rachael said...

You make that pumpkin soup too? I guess I'm going to have to get the recipe from you or Janelle and try it because I don't have that tradition. Sounds like you survived your first Utah Halloween pretty well--the kids look cute!

jenichild said...

I miss Halloween in the real fall weather! And we missed having you guys around this halloween.

PS That farm is about 45 minutes south of us, just a little past Rancho Sahuarita.

jeannie said...

Hey girl I've just been catching up with a bunch of your posts! It looks like things are totally working out for you guys! I hope your having fun in Idaho and in the cold weather. If you need to be miserable with someone let me know I'm here for ya!