Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A YEAR!!!

We just passed our 1 year in Rexburg anniversary. Wow! Where had the time gone? I can't believe we survived a whole winter and are still here to tell about it. We are loving the beautiful summer weather here. This really is the most amazing place to spend a summer.

Reflections: I can say that Rexburg now feels like home. Maybe not a permanent home but a "for now" home. The kids have all made great friends and Eric is really enjoying school. I've made some friends and I am enjoying all the "small town" activities and such. We've also loved having so many visitors come to stay with us. Rarely a month goes by that we don't have some family or friend come to visit us. We love it! We just finished co-hosting a HUGE family reunion of 43 people. But that will be its own post....later.

8 comments:

Trisha said...

I was NOT jealous of you in the winter, but now that its summer I am SO SO SO JEALOUS! it is killer here this summer. Also, I am so sad I made a very quick trip up to Rexburg in June to see my sisters preemie baby and I really wanted to come and see you guys. But we were only there a day and a half and it FLEW by.

Trisha said...

Oh and have you taken your kids to Bear Country (or Bear World, whatever it called)? If you havent you MUST! They would love it.

Arianne said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been a year, congratulations! Glad you're enjoying some pleasant summer weather at least!

Rochelle Brunson said...

I'm glad you made it through the winter. All those snowy pics you posted were beautiful, but I was not at all envious!

Wendy said...

It's kind of scary how quickly a year can fly by....before you know it we'll be old grannies sitting in rocking chairs wondering where the time went.

Abby Gail said...

No Way!!! It doesn't seem like you've been there that long! I do love having you guys close!

Brian and Janette said...

That just means you're one year closer to coming home, right?

Trisha said...

I just read your comment on my blog...yes Brigs teacher is Ms Holman. I LOVE HER ALREADY! She is so sweet. And ya we go to Twin Peaks...only about 3 families in our ward do. Kinda a bummer that they arent in school with church buddies, but its okay.