Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Do you HEAR that?

The silence was deafening (that is one of my favorite expressions) and it described my home this morning. ALL my kids were gone to school! Yep, that's right for a few hours a week (4 hrs to be exact) all my children are at school. What will I do with those 4 hours? The possibilities are endless. Today I did: dishes, laundry, ran 2 errands and made 2 phone calls. Nothing glamorous...but it feels so different without kids around.

But enough about me....this is what this post is really about......

 THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!

Sadie started Preschool -- next door!!

Colby started KINDERGARTEN!! Woohoo!

Renae started 3rd grade.

Mason started MIDDLE SCHOOL! 5th grade is in Middle School here. Gulp.

A glimpse of our morning. It was NOT all smiles.
It was actually a really tough day in the Cameron house.
I guess some people (like me!) don't take to change very well.

But Colby got straight to work and had a terrific first day in school.

After 2 1/2 long hours of Kindergarten (yep, that's it)
...he blew off some steam by playing "gorillas in the trees"
 in our front yard with Sadie & a neighbor girl. Good times.

I am soooooooo behind in my blogging. I agonized about whether to start with June, July and work through to August or to start with today and work back. But I really wanted to post about today. Sometimes I skip months and have nothing to say, but I have had the BUSIEST summer of my life and I really want to document it. Maybe I can shoot for one post a day. Now that I have a little more free time (4 whole hours a week!) More soon.

5 comments:

Rochelle Brunson said...

Good for you to get some free time! I think you should try to get in a nap! I love the kids in front of the doorway with their backpacks. Classic.

Happy School Year!

Day Family Blog said...

How did Mason like Middle school and how about Colby and kindergarten. Did he ride his bike to school today? Its almost time for you to go back to work now that your kids are almost all in school :) Does that even sound appealing? Talk to you... today?

Linda Cameron said...

I get a lump in my throat seeing Colby's age group going off to school. What cute pictures, though. I would love copies!

Wendy said...

Junior high in 5TH? That is frightening....how it is going?

Sarah said...

Love all the back to school pictures. It is a fun time of year. Gotta get back into the swing of things. So crazy that Mason is that old.