Friday, May 21, 2010

AZ trip

Finally a post about our Arizona trip...I found the pictures!

But it is quite disappointing (not the trip, but the pictures). I only pulled out my camera TWICE!! How awful of me. All the fun friends and family we saw and I only have 2 events to show from it. Sigh. I guess we'll just have to do it again sometime soon! :)

But we did have a wonderful time: the friends, the weather, the family, the weather....well that pretty much sums it up. It was great to be "back home" again. The kids never wanted to leave.

I know these first two pictures are HORRIBLE quality, but they were just too funny. The faces, the flying hair. Precious. This is from our trip to Pump It Up. Or as Sadie calls it "Pump-a-dump"

Renae showing off her injury. You always have battle scars to show from Pump It Up.



Next day we took a trip to Catalina State Park. We went with my mom, Eric's brother and his family. There was actually water running in the river. It was perfect weather (about 85) and we all enjoyed the time outdoors.
This is the closest thing I got to a "group shot" -- I should probably be fired as the family photographer. Wait, I'm in this picture so I'll blame Eric!

The kids had a blast wading in the cold water.
It really was quite cold, but once your feet got numb it was fine.

Is Eric trying to catch some fish? or just thinking about all the homework he should be doing?

Sadie and Garrett playing in the sand.


This last picture is NOT part of our AZ trip but just to give you a comparison....this is what it looked like in Rexburg 3 weeks after our Arizona trip....yep, snow in May.
Gotta love it.

9 comments:

Nomi said...

hahahaha pump a dump, i love it. brrrrrrrrr...the snow in the yard in May. i can't comprehend it. do you like how i type like i'm texting now, with no regard to grammar and punctuation? :)

Rochelle Brunson said...

That sun looks nice, and the snow looks miserable! I can't believe this bipolar weather we are having! I want spring to stay here!

Wendy said...

That warm weather looks awesome! And those blow up toys are the best because they can release so much pent up energy. It wipes them out. Glad you had a fun trip!

Brian and Janette said...

I'm so sad I didn't get to visit with you more while you were here. It was a crazy week! So yes, you'll have to make the trip again sometime soon--all for getting pictures, of course! I definitely don't miss the days of being on vacation and having to worry about what homework needs to be done.

Rachael said...

The picture of Mom & all coming down the slide is hilarious! We had snow here in Provo today! Not at our house, but up at Grandma's anyway. What is going on?!

Linda Cameron said...

It was sure fun seeing you again. I'm glad we could get together. Eric played games!!!!

Day Family Blog said...

How did I miss this post? I guess I am just lazy. I love the scream on mom's face going down the slide. Looks like there was still a lot of water at Sabino Canyon.

Sarah said...

Love the pictures. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Grannie said...

Heather, I'm just now checking out your blog. I think the emails about it only come to my school...so I just saw them today. Anyway, what a fun family you are, and pictures just remind you. Is that really me coming down the slide, looking like a freaky monster face!! Sorry, do you have to keep that one? You have really had a lot of visits and trips this year. Do you have any pics of Legoland? Are you going to post about our Calif. trip? XO mom