(I am now officially playing catch-up with our summer adventures: stay tuned for more....and more...and more. You may get bored of reading and seeing it, but since I don't scrapbook or even print out pictures anymore, this is my only way of documenting it. So bear with me.)
The best way to kick off summer is with a snow storm! Right?
Well that's how they do it in Rexburg, apparently. This was May 22nd.
Unbelievable for us Arizonans.
Memorial Day weekend Eric's sister Amy came up from Logan.
Together with his other sister Debbie and their families we took some local day trip adventures.
The cousins posing by the Lower Mesa Falls
(minus Renae who was having a bad day & baby Kayla).
Unfortunately you can't see the falls in the picture. Oh well.
It was a drizzly cold day, but we all had fun anyway.
They have a neat little lodge by the Upper Falls where the kids can touch stuff.
They loved it!
This is Renae and I posing in front of Mesa Falls.
The falls were amazing and you really get down close to them.
Next we went to Big Springs. This is a lovely spot.
Another attempt to get all the cousins posed together. Another failure.
Finally a group photo of the kids with everyone looking, sort of.
I guess the secret is food!
But we are still missing two kids -- guess I'll have to settle for what I can get.
Our final adventure for the weekend was camping in the hills
(they aren't really mountains) just 20 minutes outside of Rexburg.
We had a great time: dutch oven dinner, s'mores & lots of outdoor exploring.
Unfortunately.....you guessed it!
I didn't remember to get my camera out until we were leaving. Sad.
But Eric will say this is the best picture I could have taken anyway :)
6 comments:
Fun Heather! Yeah, keep going on recording those memories in word and photo! Can't wait to see you in a week! Wish we had time to see some of those sites around Rexburg.
MOM- Grannie
It's so nice to see familiar places. It certainly wasn't cold though. Like you mom said, Heather, keep recording those memories. It's nice to show off Eric's work of art.
i love seeing the pictures and seeing the spring snow made me really miss rexburg...so excited for monday then terrilyn will start kinder and cameron 2 wish they were all going i want some peace and quiet :-)
The falls look really pretty! I think there is nothing better than getting out and enjoying all the beautiful places around us ....we are surrounded just have to find them.
That looks like fun, and really pretty, but also FREEZING!
Fun places. We really enjoyed going there too. I enjoy the last picture also.
Post a Comment