Last night my 4 kids said, "Mom, come get a massage." This was new, but hey, I'm always up for a little pampering from my kids. So I went into my room and was stunned by what I found: dimmed lights, classic music playing on the clock radio, and my 4 kids ready and in position to serve me.
I lay on the bed as directed and Renae brought me a variety of aroma therapy choices -- a scented candle, 2 tins of mints (peppermint or fruity) or a jar of Mentholatum. She set my scent of choice under my nose so I could breathe it throughout the process. Then Renae proceeded to do a bit of interpretive dance -- curious, I didn't know that was part of the day spa experience, but what do I know, I've never been.
Sadie was sitting at my bedside table pretending to play the piano. She was in charge of the music. She kept saying, "I'm playing the piano" or "I'm playing the organ" or "isn't my music pretty." It was too funny.
Then Colby brought me a picture of Eric and I on our wedding day to look at. It was hard not to giggle. Wow, they were really going to great efforts to create a mood. Next Colby brought me a book selection off my end table.
Then Mason began by karate chopping my back. Awesome. He did his best, but I think this was his first massage attempt (I hope so, he is only 11). I mentioned that I loved having a foot massage, so Renae offered to walk on my back. I clarified that I liked having MY feet massaged. So Renae took one foot & Colby took the other. Sadie was still busy pounding away on the imaginary piano and Mason was pounding my back. Then I felt a curious sensation on one of my feet. The Colby side. I asked Colby, "What are you doing?" He answered nonchalantly, "Massaging your foot with my forehead." I busted up laughing. Where did they get this stuff? Any of it? We really aren't a massaging family and I've never been to get a real massage parlor and I don't think PBS kids gives "how to turn your house into a day spa" techniques....but who knows. Anyway, it was lovely. But I couldn't stop laughing, smiling and giggling about it all night. Just ask Eric.
Oh, but my favorite part of the whole experience -- my kids were getting along, doing something cooperatively and not fighting for a whole 10 minutes. Magic!!
6 comments:
Wow, what an experience! I couldn't stop giggling while reading it! How sweet and funny.
Where did they come up with an idea like that?! I love that they put the scents under your nose and gave you a picture from your wedding day!! Have you been letting them watch soap operas or something!! So funny!
That is seriously the cutest thing I've ever heard! I think I would have been giggling the whole time too. It would be interesting to know who came up with the idea (although I will guess that it was Renae). :) Too funny!
That totally cracked me up! How sweet, and yet totally entertaining that must have been! At least they didn't bring you smelly socks for the aroma therapy!
That is hilarious, I love it!
simply adorable. The wedding picture is my favorite part!
Post a Comment