We drove down to Pocatello (about an hour south)-- just the two of us -- and spent the afternoon watching other teams dance. Renae had two dances that were almost back to back. After it was over, we waited around until the judging. Renae's team won two 1st place ribbons. They did great, but there wasn't much competition either. They were entered in the Novice Category (because most of them were first time dancers) and there weren't many teams for her age level. Most of the teams her age are in the Beginner or Intermediate Category (which are higher levels). If you watch the videos you will see that they need to work on staying together and staying in formation -- but not bad for first timers.
I'll have to admit....I really enjoy watching clogging. The variety in the dances, costumes, and music is endless. They had Harry Potter themed dances, cave man, 80's, 50's -- you name it, there was a dance for it. Here are some pictures and links to video clips of her two dances at the competition.
More: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCQnqtMsGiA&feature=youtu.be
Lollipop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VhiegN4Lys&feature=youtu.be
Renae and her BFF Mairin -- who introduced her to the world of clogging
Renae with her medal -- notice the make-up!
She looks so grown up it kind of freaked me out.
Scary -- but they had to wear it on stage.
Can you say long and lanky! She is getting so tall.
Her team. I snapped this on my cell phone.
After the competition we went out and celebrated at Texas Roadhouse.
We had a great Mother-Daughter dinner.
This is just a silly pose. She wanted to show Mason that she was eating the peanuts
(which she hates and he loves -- teasing via pictures!)
I don't know why, but I love this picture. It is just so REAL.
* * *
And if you are a die hard clogging fan (like I am becoming) and want to watch one more...this is Renae's best friend Mairin in a cute duet.
Beauty and the Beast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5THyM6TNg1Y&feature=youtu.be




4 comments:
Oh my heavens Renae I just have to say that the first picture with you and Mairin... you look like such a beautiful young lady and not like a little kid. You are getting to be so "old", "big" and beautiful!! Congrats on the medals.
They did a great job!!! What a fun mother daughter day! Then you don't have to listen to "when is this gonna be over??"
Wow, Renae does look so grown-up! Am I worried, or jealous that she is so thin? Not like a Williams anyway! Well, maybe like Kenny! I loved the dances. I've never really seen clogging. I wonder if it was in Arizona at all?
I'll just comment here rather than on every post. I love your blog, the way you write, and all the pictures of your family. I can't help but smile when I read about conversations you enjoy with the kids. Thank you to you and Eric for being so amazing!
Post a Comment