Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Camille's Baptism in Utah

It has been ages (at least for me) since I have blogged. I've had PLENTY to talk about, but my time has been so tight. I've sat down to "catch up on my blog" at least 5 times, but then something always comes up. So I finally did it. I set some time aside to update my blog and then I have one of the most frustrating blogging experiences in a long, long time. The pictures won't load...but then some will. Then they won't! It has been driving me crazy! Unbelievable, I know, but this took me well over an hour. Sad.

We went to Utah for my niece's baptism at the end of March. It was a special time for Camille as she made this important choice and took this big step in her life. We are proud of you Camille!

My sister Janelle and her cute family -- not all of them are fans of pictures

 
 Camille all dressed in white

It was also a fun family-get-together time. My sister threw quite the party for all of the family
 (she has LOTS of extended family on both sides that live nearby). 
We were glad to be able to be a part of the party and to get to see lots of the people we love!

 
Grandma and Grandpa Jensen

My parents

Uncle Weldon, Aunt Linda and Aunt Jill

L-R: my sister Rach, me, sister Janelle, mom, Aunt Christine and Auntie Em


 Camille blowing out her candles

COUSIN time!!!
 


 Because it was also Easter Weekend, one of Janelle's sister-in-laws arranged 
an Easter Egg hunt for all the kids. They had a blast!!




Some fun shots with Pops:



Other events of our super quick weekend trip (we were there less than 48 hours):

Dying Easter Eggs at Janelle's


Adults went out for a treat (YogurtLand) while the kids stayed home and watched a movie. 
Thank goodness for "big kids" that can babysit :)


Sadly, Eric and Mason didn't come on this trip. Mason had a temple trip Friday night and Eric had some house projects that needed to get done before he went out of town the following week. 
I don't like to travel alone, but if a house project was getting done...
I was more than happy to oblige.

 This is our guest bathroom floor -- BEFORE:

AFTER:
Eric installed a new toilet and put down new linoleum. Eventually we will tile this bathroom but the old linoleum was curling up behind the old toilet and we wanted to take care of it sooner rather than "someday." We had a couple boxes of these self-adhesive linoleum tiles that we bought years and years ago so it was a free upgrade. Eric and Mason got it done in half a day and still had time to watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy over the weekend. It was a win-win for everyone!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Floor looks great!! Nice work boys! Blogger has been giving me grief all day to, won't upload my videos, grrrr! Maybe something is down with the site today??