Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Halloween

We had a normal Cameron Family Halloween month -- we squeezed in all of our favorite traditions: caramel apples, candy-mold Halloween suckers, cut-out sugar cookies, and Pumpkin Stew. Funny how all of our traditions revolve around food. Sad, really. And it is also sad that I never pulled out the camera for any of them. Oh well...looks pretty much the same as last year. And yes, I think I put on a few extra pounds to pay for it too.

Black Cat  --  Witch  --  Dracula
Monday night for the Halloween Carnival at our elementary school. 
This is Renae's "alternate costume" as you will see later.
 I like it just as well or better than her "real costume."
Mason is not dressed up...he dressed up for school, but not for anything else.


***

Devin (Eric's brother) and his family just happened to stop by as we were about to start carving our pumpkin the night before Halloween. Eric had to leave for a meeting and I was going to have to do it alone (which I had never done). I jokingly asked Devin if he would like to help (knowing that Devin is a master Pumpkin Carver) and he willingly volunteered. It was awesome. He took his carving very seriously. And it turned out seriously amazing!!!

 The Headless Horseman --- THANKS DEVIN!!!!


Halloween Night was COLD and RAINY. The kids kept adding extra layers to their costumes. Another jacket on top...another shirt layered underneath. We also had to use umbrellas almost the whole night. Well at least I was under the umbrella...the kids didn't seem to mind or notice the constant drizzle all evening as we trick-or-treated. Mason stayed home this year and helped hand out candy...he is too big for trick-or-treating now...says his mean Mommy!
 This is my favorite shot because they are all in character and it came out pretty clear. 
Most of my pictures came out blurry...not sure why. Maybe because I am standing in the rain to take them so they can be dry on the porch...but I didn't really have any other options with the rain.



 Renae as an India Girl  
-- a note about this costume:
Renae's BFF had some family living in India this fall. They generously bought these outfits and sent them to Renae & Mairin. I actually didn't even get to see it until Halloween day. It was a little more "Belly-Dancerish" than I had imagined. That isn't actually her tummy showing...it is a unitard (nude- colored leotard), but I still didn't love the look of so much "fake skin" showing. However, I was grateful for the costume and the dresses were gorgeous and so were the girls.
Funny thing -- it was so cold that she ended up adding a black long sleeve shirt for trick-or-treating so a bit of the effect was ruined. Tee!hee!







Sadie as a Black Cat
Sadie loved being an animal...well she is often pretending to be an animal, 
but she doesn't usually get to have the full costume and whiskers on her face. 
She was a happy camper!






Colby made a great Vampire
We dyed his hair black which was quite the different look on him. Thanks Debbie for the loan of the cape (he was my child that didn't know what he was going to be until a few days before Halloween). 
Sigh. 
Costumes are not my forte.


No comments: