A few days before Thanksgiving the kids and I made these fun little turkeys out of Oreos, Reese's cups, and candy corns. They may not have been pretty (they made them totally without help or supervision) but they were yummy.
Renae doesn't like Candy Corns (weird, I know!) so hers just has frosting wings.
This was a really cool Pinterest idea that I tried out for my students to make at school. I bent all the ice cream cones (which took FAR longer than it should have) and they stuffed them with candy and put on the ribbons. Aren't they ADORABLE!!!!
We did another batch for our own Thanksgiving Feast
and attached Name Tags (a Williams' tradition) to set on the Thanksgiving table.
We had our biggest crowd yet (not biggest crowd EVER, but biggest crowd for Thanksgiving). We had 20 people for dinner. We were able to put 4 tables end to end to make one big long table that went from my dining room to the other end of my living room. I was a bit nervous and anxious about hosting a party that big, but luckily between my 3 sister-in-laws, Eric, and my niece Lauren all pitching in, I didn't have all that much to do and it went quite smoothly. Sadly, there are no pictures of us all sitting down or with the food on the table. I was exhausted and just ready to eat by then and I never even thought of snapping a picture. Sad, but true.

Another thing I'm sad about is that I didn't take any pictures of my Fall Decor. Nearly all of my decorations are things I made and they make me happy!!! I think I love them more than my Christmas decorations. Oh well, next year.
But speaking of sad...now for the REALLY sad story...
Sadie was sick almost the whole Thanksgiving Weekend. Poor thing didn't move from this mattress we put on our bedroom floor for 2 whole days. She was up all night the night before Thanksgiving throwing up and with a fever. What horrible timing!! She was a trooper and didn't complain much, but she sure was miserable.




1 comment:
Oh how sad. Nothing as sad as being sick when parties are going on around you. I don't know why I don't check your blog anymore. Did you find something to replace reader... I remember you did, what is it called. I love the stocking down the hall idea for Christmas. We do something with candy and I like your idea better because we have too much sugar in December anyway. Love the cornucopias.
Post a Comment