Sunday, October 19, 2014
Keeping my head above water
Just wanted to pop into my blog to say that we are all still "alive and well." So much has happened in the past 2 months -- First Day of School for me and my kids, Labor Day visit from the Day family, harvesting the garden, a trip or two or three...but I honestly don't have a moment to spare for blogging. Which makes me sad. But even now, I should be sleeping, or grading papers, or doing some other item on my To Do List that desperately needs to be done. My new job has been MUCH more time consuming than I had imagined. Exponentially more. I still feel like I am treading water, just to keep my head above the waves. I am surviving, but just barely. Do I love my job? Yes. I do. And I love my students. But I am not "on top of things" like I need and want to be yet. It will come. I have faith that it will. I will learn to juggle all the balls that I need to keep in the air, but I'm still dropping too many of them. I spend my time running around like a crazy person and so I am not feeling successful in any area of my life. Parent Teacher Conferences are this week. Once I get through those, I think I will be able to breathe a little easier and set a better pace for myself. But I'm not really complaining...this is my life... the life I chose, and I love it, even with all its craziness. I'm just sad to see certain things (like blogging, cross stitching, doing family history, calling friends/sisters, house projects) take a back seat for awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sometimes I learn the most about myself and life in those "treading water" moments. They are hard, and we want them to be over, but I sure learn a lot from them. Hopefully things calm down for you soon. Hang in there! You will get it all together!
Just thinking about your life stresses me out, but you are more capable of sustaining that high level of activity than I am. I will be praying for you, and hopefully you will swim more than you sink.:) I know you can make it through this year, but you are not committed forever if you decide it is not the right thing for you or your family to endure in future years.
Heather, here's your mom, coming up for air to say hang in there! I know what that first year teaching is like! Traumatic! You were in 6th grade- do you remember suffering? Kids are resilient, and you will all adjust. And if you don't, like Rach says...you don't have to stay. This moving stuff is harder for me....just too old! XO
I mean harder for me than teaching was, not harder for me than what you're going through!
Post a Comment