Sunday, February 1, 2015

Wedding Party in Utah

About a week after we returned from our Disneyland trip, we were back on the road again for our niece's wedding in Salt Lake City.

It was such a fun and quick trip. It was great to get to see so much of Eric's family -- 6 of the 8 Cameron siblings were there along with dozens of kids and a few aunts and uncles too. We all stayed in the same hotel (thanks to Kathy for arranging that!) and it was a blast!!! I didn't take enough pictures -- but there were movie nights, swimming at the pool, flower-prep, pizza parties...we packed a lot in.

Of course the highlight was the wedding. Lauren and Jesse's wedding at the Salt Lake Temple. It was a beautiful ceremony and a beautiful day.
 The bride and groom having a smooch for the crowd.

 Cousin Lauren with all the younger girl cousins. So adorable!

 Grandma with all the grandkids that were there. 
Or at least all the ones that would hold still for a picture.

 Renae  -- not really old enough to be one of Lauren's real bridesmaids but older than all the flower girls so Kathy gave her a bouquet and gave her the title of Honorary Bridesmaid.


 The cute little flower girls. Horrible picture...terrible lighting...but they sure were cute!!!


 The COOLEST boutineers I've ever seen. 
I can see Mason or Colby doing something like this for their weddings.

While the bride and groom were busy taking hours and hours of pictures, we decided to go explore the Conference Center across the street.


It is such a cool building and our tour was fun (if a little crazy with all the kids). 
The worst part was when we couldn't find our car. 
We wandered for SUCH a LONG time on level after level of the parking garage...
 I was hungry and my feet were killing me and I admit -- I may have lost it at one point. 
I was convinced that we were doomed to spend the REST of our lives 
in this underground parking structure. 


After 2 nights in Salt Lake we headed to Boise for the Reception. 
But the craziest thing happened...the bride got ill the afternoon of the wedding-- seriously ill and was in the hospital. She was released later that next day, but not in time to make it to the reception. We were nearly to Boise by then, so we continued on to the reception. It was the weirdest thing to have a Wedding Reception without a Bride and Groom. 
 But we enjoyed spending time with some Eric's cousins that we don't see often. 
Isn't this baby a perfect Cabbage Patch kid?

We also spent time at my cousin Vanessa's house. 
I'm sad I didn't take any pictures except of the cool crafts she does. 
So this picture represents my visit with Vanessa -- and celebrates our mutual love for 
all things Jane Austin.


We did a quick stop at Twin Falls on our way home. 
It was very cold and windy but a lovely view and a really cute town.

1 comment:

Grannie said...

Heather, just seeing if I can post on your blog. Still not having any luck with Sadie's. I'm used to seeing this box with "leave your comment"