Sunday, March 8, 2015

Halloween

You know how there is "Christmas in July" -- well this is "Halloween in March." Maybe it will catch on and become the next big thing. Tee!hee! You may wonder why I am even bothering to play catch up this far behind...well for one I am a bit naurotic and I like to finish what I start. But mostly it is because I plan to print another blog book (someday) and I want it to contain all the family highlights and pictures -- since I don't scrapbook or journal regularly -- this is our Family History.

Back to the topic at hand: Halloween. As I've said in years past, we are a bit of Scrooges when it comes to Halloween. Yes, we get costumes for the kids, they go trick-or-treating, we carve pumpkins...but not with out a bit of grumbling from Eric and I. I hate the costume pressure and he hates the pumpkin carving. But we "do it for the kids" and we usually have a good time anyway. But this year was different...this year we GREW OUR OWN PUMPKINS. It was awesome. It made a world of difference to have pumpkins that we had raised ourselves. I just couldn't stop beaming with pride at our family of pumpkins. Each kid got to carve their own...and boy did they get creative.

                           


Renae decided to paint her pumpkin. Here it is from front and back.


Colby's pumpkin is a bit freaky...but very creative


 Sadie's is a Kitty Cat (carved with Daddy's help)

Mason carved a Star Wars montage into his pumpkin. I think it had 5 or 6 different Star Wars icons on it. Can you identify any of them?



My kids are growing up so fast. This year the youngest two went Trick-or-treating with friends.

 Sadie and Katherine -- Cleopatra and a witch
(I bought Sadie a black wig but she refused to wear it. Sigh)


 Spencer, Colby, and Cameron -- a hobo, a Stick Man, and a plumber

My older two kids were on to "Halloween Parties" this year. Renae hosted one with her BFFs and Mason went to a party with his band friends.
 Renae, Mairin, and Megan -- a witch, a demented doll, and a Beauty Queen


Mason -- a Mandalorian (star wars something or other)


My favorite part of this year's costumes was they were effortless on my end. Colby and Mason made their own costumes and the girls used costumes from our "Costume Box" from previous years. PERFECT!


1 comment:

Rachael said...

Hey, I say better late than never (like me) and I really enjoyed seeing your halloween stuff, especially those pumpkins!