As I was bustling around in my kitchen this morning trying to make a yummy yet somewhat healthy breakfast for my family (bananas, eggs, and chocolate chip muffins -- hey 2 out of 3 are good for you!) I got to thinking about STUFF:
What would a real chef say if he had to work under these conditions? If he had a scooter under one foot and a soccer ball under the other, if there were legos and matchbox cars on the counter and kids climbing up the cabinets (yes, Colby of course) would he be able to create masterpieces? If there were cartoons blaring in the background and kids whining and crying in the foreground, if he had a one year old pulling on his leg or dumping out boxes of cereal would he be able to whip up something gormet? I doubt it.
So as I look at the craziness that is my kitchen -- I try to give myself a break and realize that "cereal a la floor" may not be what they serve in a fancy restaurant but it's what we serve in my kitchen some mornings and I don't hear any complaints. Well actually, I do hear lots of complaints...no matter what I make, someone has something to say about it -- but that is another story for another day.
5 comments:
I feel your pain. There really should be an award anytime we make something that requires mixing more than two ingredients. That's just one mommies opinion though.
maybe they need to start a reality show like unto Hell's Kitchen, but within homes full of children.
Heather I got the pool at Walmart last year for $19.00. I've seen them this year two. Worth every penny!!! I keep it inflated for the duration of the summer.
Kudos to you for even trying to cook something for breakfast! The best I can ever do is cereal. I don't have the energy or patience to take on cooking with a 1 year climbing on my leg early in the morning.
Unfortunately I do it for myself more than for them. I am not a big cereal fan. And I get burnt out on the same ole stuff (cereal, toast, oatmeal). I am quite partial to pancakes, waffles, muffins, Toaster Streudel --- all that yummy, horrible for you stuff. I don't do it more than once or twice a week. But I just can't do cereal more than once a week.
Post a Comment