Sunday, June 1, 2008

Things I Learned

Eric and I just celebrated our 10 year Anniversary. Wow!! We were able to take a little time away from the kids and took a mini-trip to Rio Rico (a tiny town an hour or so south of Tucson). We stayed in a resort there. Anyway -- as a result of this trip I learned a few things:

I am not 24 anymore...among other things, I couldn't keep my eyes open much past 11:00 at night.

I missed my kids WAY more than I thought I would. I learned just how much I love and appreciate my kids. They are such wonderful blessings in my life and I can't even FATHOM my life without them.

I learned that Eric and I do have things to talk about BESIDES the kids. Although at times I was wracking my brain for a topic that didn't have to do with potty training or naps -- we did come up with stuff eventually.

I learned that I am pretty darn lucky to be married to such a wonderful man.

I am unable to sleep in!! We were both so excited to be able to sleep in as late as we wanted without kids pouncing on us but the first morning we were both awake long before 6 am and the second morning we ALMOST slept until 7:00. Pathetic!

And finally -- Ben & Jerry's ice cream does not last long in a hotel room frig.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Congrats on 10 years!! I am glad you were able to get away for the weekend!!! Funny how much you miss the little kids. Friday we went to dinner and a Movie and John couldn't wait to come home and see the kids.....he got the boys out of bed (they weren't asleep yet) so they could snuggle.

Rochelle Brunson said...

Scott and I were the same way when we went on our cruise, we couldn't wait to get back and see our babies again! We missed them so much.

Kristen said...

Happy 10 years-oops I almost typed 100 years, it hasn't been that long! I'm so jealous of your resort vacation. That sounds wonderful. And I am with you on the can't sleep in thing anymore...irritating.

jess said...

I'm glad you were able to get away a bit. Congratulations on your first decade!

Day Family Blog said...

I love the little things that you learned. I hope that I don't die being away from the girls. You really are such a good writer. Talk to you next week.