Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weekend Retreat

Last weekend we were fortunate enough to be given a chance to stay in a time-share in Mesa for free (Thanks Brad & Nellie!) Eric stayed up there most of the week (since he is working in Mesa) and the kids and I joined him on Friday afternoon. The kids LOVED the room, but their idea of fun was chasing each other around and slamming doors, which got old, FAST.

The "hot tub" bathtubs were a huge hit, after they got over the initial shock/scare of the jets of water. Unfortunately the girls used up most of the hot water, so the boys had a chilly bath. Sorry boys.




In the morning we made a quick trip to one of Eric's favorite stores: The Bass Pro Shop. It really was neat with aquariums, waterfalls & stuffed animals. The kids had fun.



Our final stop was at Makutu's Island, a place I found on the internet for "indoor family fun." It was AMAZING!!! My kids were in heaven. It was a room full of huge trees, slides, rope climbs, a zip line, bridges, caves, waterfalls... just phenomenal. Everyone had a blast, even Eric and I tried a few of the slides. One was quite fast with a big drop. Good times.

Renae liked this one the best. She called it the "Elephant Slide" -- it was the longest, twisty slide I had ever been on. Eric and Sadie on a bridge over the waterfall. They are probably 10-15 feet above the ground in this picture. It was a tricky climb through a dark cave to get up there.Colby enjoying climbing on the main Tree.
Renae posing after coming out of one of the many tunnels.Mason & Sadie taking a break by the "Banana Slide" -- this one is crazy! It shoots you out at speeds I have never seen on a slide before.




Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

jess said...

that place looks so great!! was it spendy, or something you could do fairly often?

jenichild said...

What a fun trip! I bet Eric was glad he didn't have to drive down here to see you guys. That place looks so much fun- maybe we'll have to make a little trip up to go check it out.

Wendy said...

What a fun weekend!!! There is nothing better than getting out of the house for a few days and leaving everything to do behind!

Beth said...

Wow that really does look like it was a lot of fun! What a great retreat.

Anonymous said...

That looks even more fun than I imagined when you told about it. Do you think Janelle's family would like it? You guys really do search out and find the fun spots. Later.
MOM

Heather C. said...

Not cheap enough to do often, but not so much that it would break the bank to do it a couple times a year. It was less than $40 for the whole family. But since our lodgings had been free, that didn't seem too bad. And we used it as Sadie's birthday celebration.

Day Family Blog said...

Glad that you ended up being able to go. Is Eric feeling better? So would you want to go there again in March? We are probably going to fly into Phoenix and do something up there on Saturday. Mom said you absolutely loved the place and she said we should open one up in Logan. Loganites are too cheap for those prices. Sure looks fun.

Rochelle Brunson said...

What a fun weekend!

jenny said...

that looks really fun! i'm going to have to check it out. is it in mesa?

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I have never seen anything like it. Fun for adults too!

Kristen said...

Is Eric's job in Mesa a long term thing? I'm so glad for you guys and thrilled to hear he has work.

Sounds like a fun get-away! We have a Bass Pro Shop 5 mins. from our house and we love going to the "Animal Store".

John and Cherece said...

We love Makutu's also. I am glad you found it without my help. I've been thinking about you a lot. I hope Eric's commuting job is not stressing you out.