Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Comment on the Weather

Okay, I know some of you aren't going to want to hear this and are going to think to yourself, "Shut up and quit complaining. You have it so good." And I do, but I'm going to complain anyway.

IT SHOULD NOT BE 80 degrees in January!!!! There is just something wrong with that. All year I look forward to our short and mild winter as a time when I can not run the A/C and when I can wear the 5 long sleeve shirts I own and the kids can put on their sweatshirts or hoodies (at least in the morning). It isn't much, but it is winter to us.

But we are experiencing some kind of heat wave. I've put on long sleeve shirts just to find myself so sweaty that I had to go change back into a T-shirt. Renae comes home with her pants rolled up above her knees every day. We are sleeping with the window open and the fan on all night because I REFUSE to run the A/C!!! Is it too much to ask for a little chill in the air?

Okay, I'm done. Stop rolling your eyes. Just come visit me and we can lay out in the backyard and suntan!

12 comments:

Nomi said...

Are you kidding?! This is AWESOME!! I love it! I wish it was 70-80 every day of the year. I love sending the kids outside and soakin up the sun. All of this beautiful weather has not prevented the stomach flu from hitting our house! Bummer.

Debbie Lawrence said...

I think you are very much justified in complaining about that. 80 degrees in January IS a bit excessive. Although I always complain about our never-ending winter, I think it would be horrible to never have hardly any winter at all. I hope it starts to cool down soon!

Kristen said...

Although I am jealous...I get it. I love to be all bundled up and cozy on the couch or in bed at night. That's one of the few redeeming factors of a true winter. And it's hard to cuddle up when you're HOT.

Hey, and I say, if you need to turn on the AC-do it. Think of all the money you're saving on new coats, snow pants, boots, sweaters, gloves for all the kids each year. So don't feel extravagant putting the AC on in Jan. You've earned it!

Kristen said...

Oh and Happy Birthday Sadie!

Beth said...

I hear you Heather! I'm rather upset about the weather too. Except today it's been raining all morning! I love that!

Rachael said...

I can feel sorry for you Heather! 80 degrees is not my ideal weather any more, especially not in the winter time! My favorite is the 60's, maybe 70's at most. Of course you can feel sorry for me too. We've been freezing to death and the air has been on high pollution alert for over a week. We got some rain today that is hopefully clearing that out and has ironically warmed things up a bit. Hopefully you will get some rain to cool you down!

Abby Gail said...

The weather does stink! I blame it on El Nino! Isn't that whose to blame? I blame our horrid Freezing Rain on El Nino! Have you ever heard of this. It rain's and it's soooo cold it freezes? Instant ice! Isn't it supposed to SNOW? I'm perplexed! And I do have to say...you have every right to complain! That's why I left Arizona...I need distinct seasons. ;)

Wendy said...

I just flipped my fire place on. It was really cold when I got up this morning...I guess we always want what we can't have.

Where is the perfect place to live? Weather wise I mean?

Day Family Blog said...

Ahh the joys of complaining about weather. All I know is I would prefer the 80 to my friends in Iowa -45 that should just be illegal. We booked our flight so you better have at least the 70's for March 14-21st :)

Miranda said...

Yea BIG eye roll from me! Missin you!

jeannie said...

Seriously I would LOVE a little of that 80 degree weather here in Utah. This snow really BLOWS!! I wish I was rich so I could come back and live there for the winter months.
I'll be there in two days and I can't wait to get some rays! See you soon!

Juliana said...

Hey Heather, I finally found my way over to your blog! First of all, you have the cutest kids in the world! besides mine of course. And I just had to comment on your weather complaint because I have the perfect solution to your problem. I propose that we switch living quarters for a few days. I would absolutly LOVE to go swimming outdoors right now. The pictures of your kids at swim lessons makes me so anxious for summer! Anyway, I'll let you know next time it snows here and you can come get nice and cold!