Sunday, July 12, 2009
I DID IT!!
I drove 13 1/2 hours in a car. Now before you say, big deal. Note, I said, "I DROVE" not I RODE. I am NOT a driver. I never choose to drive if I have the choice, I am a passenger at heart. I think the farthest I have ever driven before is to Phoenix (a 2 hour drive). So I was pretty nervous about driving myself to Utah. But we have 2 cars and it had to be done. So we split up the kids: girls in the van/boys in the Land Cruiser. It went surprisingly well. It took a little longer because we went the Las Vegas way to avoid some of the steeper/winding mountain passes, not because I am a slow driver, Eric can attest to that. My van kicked his Land Cruisers butt (but he was pulling a trailer and had all the luggage so I had a bit of an advantage). It was even a little fun to drive in a caravan & talk over the walkie talkies....but I hope to never have to do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Did you have a hard time staying awake? I'm just glad to hear that you are there safely.
You may have already given it to me; but, could you send me your new address?
Yeah Heather! You have earned your long-distance driving patch! :) I've had to do it many times, but like you said, I hope to never do it again!
that is a long drive..i am so glad you guys made it safely...bummed i didn't get to say goodbye or have our playdate with colby
You go girl, congrats of getting there. I hope you are able to get settled quickly!
I'm glad you had a safe trip! Looking forward to reading about all your new adventures!!
Heather, I know this is old, but I'm just reading all my emails at school now....full time started today. My a/c in my room is broken so it's 93 degreesin here right now as I type! I never really thought about you doing the driving all that way! That is tough. I don't even know if I've done that. I wanted to know how the cleaning went. That is my dread about moving. Well, I wish I was in Rexburg RIGHT NOW! Love ya.
Post a Comment