Tuesday, July 28, 2009

FINALLY

I have INTERNET!!!! Who knew that life was impossible to live without the internet?? I do know. I felt so out of touch with the world...lonely, disconnected, like a part of me was dead. Okay, that was a bit melodramatic, but not far from the truth. You try 20 days without your own home internet!

So where to begin??

We arrived in Rexburg on July 17th after a week stay at Bear Lake with my family. I will tell more about that and add pictures later.

We are 95% unpacked and moved in already. We really pushed hard. Most of the unpacked boxes are in the office and some will probably stay unpacked for a very long time. I am proud to say that I have gotten rid of some stuff as I've unpacked -- but still probably not enough. I am quite a pack rat.

We are settling in to our new house, neighborhood & town quite well. We love the town, small but sufficient. The neighborhood is awesome -- good friends for our kids and lots of stuff in walking distance. The house came with a few "extras" -- extra smells, extra critters (spiders), and extra special design features (yellow shag carpet in one bedroom). Oh yes, I must mention that there are 12 different floor coverings in this house: real hardwood floors, laminate wood floor, 3 very different designs of linoleum, and 7 different colors/textures of carpet. EVERY room is unique. Wow!! But don't get me wrong...we love the house, it has just taken some getting used to. We are loving the extra space and may have a hard time ever moving back in to a house the size of our old one.

I miss all my friends and family but we are excited about the adventure ahead of us. Eric started school yesterday so it is official and "for real" now. Yipee!

Oh and I must mention that our house officially closed today! What a blessing and relief this will be for us mentally & financially.

Thank you for all your prayers & well wishes. We'd love to see any of you if you are ever up this way.

13 comments:

Grannie said...

Yes!!!! We are connected again! It has seemed weird not to be able to email you,.....even though I miss our face to face chats most! This will have to be our way! I'm so glad I got to see where you live. It is a lovely house, even though it has a patchwork of floors..I love all the hiding places for hide and seek! You all should play it for FHE! Well, I must go to bed and turn on my room A/C. As you can see, it is still 99 degrees in Tucson @ 10 pm! Love and miss you. MOM

Rochelle Brunson said...

I'm glad you made it and that you guys are doing okay.

Day Family Blog said...

So do you have a home phone yet? I am having Heather withdrawls. I am glad that things are unfolding nicely. I bet that you are more unpacked than I am, I still have a few boxes that I haven't unpacked in the 2 years we have been here.

Brian and Janette said...

In school already?!?! Sounds like you guys have been busy! Glad you made it safe and are settling in. We miss the Camerons but are so happy for you! I think you're weather gadgets are awesome...but I think they're off a bit...it says it's 82 in Tucson but I have a gadget that says it's 91...and trust me, on my run this morning, it was definitely already 82+ and that was two hours ago! UGGHHH!!

jenny said...

glad all is going well. we miss you!

Trisha said...

oh we all miss the Cameron Family! But it sounds like you are all settled in and enjoying Rexburg...soak it all in before you start to freeze your tushes off :)

Beth said...

Wow you guys sure have been busy! I'm glad that you guys are excited for what lies ahead rather than dreading every moment. :) I miss that we no longer live in the same city...

In answer to some of your questions- Central Valley, UT is by Richfield and Monroe (both very small towns also) and about 45 min. south of Manti. Pregnancy wise I'm feeling pretty good other than the normal aches and pains and I'm due September 20th. 7 weeks!!!

Miranda said...

Yea for you! Miss your family!

Wendy said...

Not having internet is quite a challenge...how did we ever do it when we were younger!

95% percent unpacked is awesome!! You've been working hard. Good luck settling in!

Rachael said...

Can't wait to see all those varied floor coverings! Are you winning the war against the spiders yet? (Ask Janelle how freaked out I was about the spiders in her basement when I stayed there.) Anyway, can we still come see you in two weeks? We're looking at Thurs 13 to Mon 17 and want to do Yellowstone Friday or Saturday. Call me if that is not good okay?

heidiearl said...

Heather,
I am sending you bear lake pictures through Costco. I was wondering if you could send me yours. I think the ones in the cave are the ones you have that I need. I'd love to see them all. Congrats on being in your home. So glad everything is going well. We sure had fun with you guys at bear lake. Sorry I didn't say good-bye, but I just couldn't stand to wake you up. Love, Heidi

Grannie said...

Heather, this is not a comment re your blog. Just a request to email me at school so I can have your address here to reply to. My room is still aircondition-less and it is 92 degrees at 10 in the morning....In my room! I'll write more when I can do it just on your email.
MOM

Andrea said...

Welcome back to the technology world. It took us a week to get the internet in our house I was going crazy. If you ever need a place to stay near SLC we are just here in Ogden and would love to see you!