Having my first below freezing morning -- it was sad sending my kids out the door to walk to school in temps 5 degrees BELOW zero. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.
Having life revolve around how many steps are in front of someone's house: Book Club, Trick-or-treating, even Visiting Teaching routes are worked around the matter of front steps. I didn't really realize why until I walked up a long set of slippery ones. Now I get it. Almost everyone here has a "war story" about a nasty fall they've had.
Finding ice on the INSIDE of my window. And not just frost...I'm talking ice chunks. Just thinking about that makes me shiver.
Getting stuck in the snow in my van. We just slid and slipped but couldn't get any traction to move forward. I was too afraid to do the driving (I've never driven in snow) so I volunteered to push...well I didn't have any real boots so I had worn cowgirl boots (in an attempt to at least keep the snow off my feet) well as you know cowgirl boots have NO tread so I ended up flat on my face...twice...before we gave up. Finally some 'good samaritans' took pity on us and pushed us out. Needless to say -- snow tires and real boots were purchased soon after.
That's all for now....but I imagine there will be more to come :)
6 comments:
oh dont you wish you were here in AZ right now! We all do :)
Brrrr! ALthough we don't have the snow to go with it, it is so cold here I think I might freeze to death. What the Artic Freeze is going on?
Oh my goodness. I can't even begin to know what that cold feels like.
I'm hoping that fall was into some soft, powdery snow. Otherwise, the cold and the falls just wouldn't be worthwhile.
Hope the new boots help, but watch your step anyway :) You seem to have a good attitude about it all, hope that lasts.
I am in understanding snow and cold now but not like you have it. Good luck this winter.
Post a Comment