Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sunny & Warm

What am I doing blogging in the middle of the "after school/crazy/homework time"?
Well all of my kids are outside playing right now.
They are riding bikes and scooters.
Mason is reading a book in a lawn chair in the sun.
No one is wearing coats and they are soaking up the rays.
 What is the temperature outside you might ask???
35 degrees.
Yes, that's right THIRTY-FIVE degrees,
but with the sun shining down it feels so warm and heavenly to us.
True, Sadie just came inside asking for mittens &
you can still see your breath
but it is a welcome reprieve from the cold, cloudy weather we've been having.
Just don't look at the 2-3 feet of snow in the front yard
and you might be able to convince yourself it is spring!!!!
I think I'll go join them.

6 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Glad you're able to enjoy some rays this week, too. I won't lie...we've basically lived at the park this week in shorts and flip-flops. And, on the days that I've dressed McRae in a light, cotton, long-sleeve shirt, it's been too warm. I know...what's a girl to do in 74 degree weather?

jeannie said...

We've got to take what we can get in these cold states don't we! We were soaking it up and now it's all rainy/snowy and cold again. I'm having some good feelings about next week though.

Grannie said...

It's all relative isn't it! It's in the 70's here and people are still wearing long pants and closed shoes w/ socks. By the looks of your temps posted on the blog right now...10 degrees, you probably won't be playin in the sun today! Sorry. Hope the weather is perfect when you come in April. I'm afraid it might be too hot.

Day Family Blog said...

Hey didn't people tell you that spring up North consists of a yard full of snow. Sad, but often true. We got up to 42 this week, but I didn't get out and enjoy it like I should have. Isn't it funny how what you once thought was miserably cold is now nice weather, strange isn't it.

Trisha said...

brrrr...sounds cold to me! But I cn so relate when we lived in Utah we were in flip flops as soon as the sun made its appearance. Here people are crazy all bundled up when its in the 70s :)

jenichild said...

That's funny. It's great that your kids are adjusting to the cold so well. Tanner tells me it's freezing if it drops below seventy.