Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A mystery

So I was cleaning off my dresser today. "No big deal" you are thinking. Well think again -- I never clean off my dresser. I organize the piles, rearrange the piles, even dust the piles but I never GO THROUGH the piles. But today I felt energized to do it.

And you will never guess what I found. A pile of cards...not birthday cards (that wouldn't be a big deal since my birthday was last month) but BABY SHOWER cards. I know...astonishing since my youngest is 3. But that's not the worst of it. They were cards from the birth of Renae (who is now 7 1/2 yrs old).

The question is...how did they get there? We've only lived in this house for 7 months, not 7 years! I am baffled. Did I unpack a box of "dresser junk" and just throw it on there? Did I find it among my random stuff and just put it there for a minute and then it got buried? Curious.

3 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

That is amazing. Honestly did you just tape the junk down and move with it still on top of the dresser :) I have been having a cleaning streak too, or at least I did yesterday.

jeannie said...

OMG I'm the pile queen! Just wait til I do my hoarders post :) good luck with your pre-spring cleaning.

Brian and Janette said...

ha ha! That's funny!