Monday, February 1, 2010

1999

This is a conversation I had with my daughter (age 7) a few minutes ago:

Renae: Did you know that Noah (a boy across the street) was born in 1999?
Me: Huh, really.....
R: 1999!
Me: So?
R: That means he was born in the olden days!!!

Hmmmmm. So there you have it. We were all officially born in the "olden days" -- the 1900's seems like forever ago to this new generation.

7 comments:

Day Family Blog said...

So funny. It is crazy that 1999 was 10 years ago, right?

Rochelle Brunson said...

ha ha! That makes me laugh.

Brian and Janette said...

Ahhhh shucks! Just when I was starting to feel good about myself, too. j/k ha, ha! That's too funny.

Nomi said...

I just keep thinking about the song "We're gonna party like it's 1999." And how that seems like it was sooo far in the future! :(

Wendy said...

the seventies were to olden olden days!

Linda Cameron said...

I never thought of that. We lived in a different era! Wow.

Trisha said...

Thats HILARIOUS!! I feel old right now, but still HILARIOUS!